4: Burning fury

Chapter 4: Burning fury

Grabbing an arrow for the holder she was carrying, she lined the arrow on the string as she pulled back, aiming at the man furthest away from the group and released. Although her shooting skills are far from amazing, it was enough.

Before transmigrating into the novel, Huang Jing Xuan used to practice archery in school and knew a thing or two about archery which had aid in her rapid progression.

She jumps onto another tree with her cultivation to avoid the assassins eyes as they would surely be able to tell where the arrow was from. Lurking behind the trees, she quickly shot arrows after arrows while swiftly changing her position. At least 80% of her hits were fatal and spot on.

A few soldiers who were directly under lieutenant Gui's command noticed the direction of her arrows and started charging towards the area with their swords in their hands.

"Shit! Why are there so many!?" She cussed under her breath when she saw more assassins approaching.

She quickly shot the neighbouring assassins who was hiding and dragged them away. She wasn't sure what's going to happen however she knew that the army wouldn't be in danger as they will defeat the South kingdom under the lead of lieutenant Gui, well, according to the book.

After ensuring that there isn't anymore hidden assassins, she jumped down from the tree and made her way towards the assassins she had dragged away. Pulling down their mask, she noticed 3 dots tattooed on their right cheek. This signifies that they are from the Python organisation, who are skilled in poison and they are directly under the commands of the royals.

Who could it be? To send assassins under the royals? Are they trying to cause a war to break out between the two countries that are currently both on their toes?

"The python organisation was a main focus in the novel." she whispers as she stood up and started pondering. "Python organisation, one of the top 5 assassination organisation, and one who are skilled in poison. Their headquarters are in West Kingdom and a small branch in South Kingdom. God! Could it be that the West Kingdom's king is planning to make the East and South kingdom go to war!? Because the West kingdom standpoint is to stay away from the fight, plus they're too strong anyways so we wouldn't suspect them to plan such a lowly attack! What a laid out plan. Wicked."

Hiding in the dark, there was a man wearing a black robe with gold embroideries. Upon hearing everything that Jing Xuan had muttered, the corners of his lips tugs upward to form a smile as he stared at the back of Jing Xuan.

"What a smart woman." He whispered.

"Haku, find out who she is and why she's here at the army." He commanded.

"Yes master." Haku came forward, bowed and quickly left to fetch the information his master wanted.

He took another glance at the lady and embedded her side face into his mind before he turned to leave.

Grabbing the bow she placed on the ground, she quickly left the forest and headed back to the army camp. Secretly heading back to her room to clean up first before heading towards Yu Heng's tent.

Upon entering the tent, she could see a lot of soldiers crowding around. Her heart beat quickens, as she made her way towards Yu Heng's bed. Blood was still flowing out of his wound, dark black coloured blood. His lips were turning blue, while sweat dripped down his forehead.