33: Engaged

Any ARMYs reading this?😂
drop your twitter down so i can follow you guys❤️💜

An eunuch outside loudly announce the arrival of the Emperor, everyone in the room bowed down and greeted the emperor as he walks into the hall.

"Please forgo the formalities, today Zhen [1] is not the main character. Its a welcoming party for the Western Prince" As the Emperor said that, TingXiao walked into the ball this time without his mask.

[1]: the way Emperor's addresses themselves.

Everyone looked at the direction of the prince with excitement. Its known to all that today, the prince will interact with the ladies here and choose someone to marry.

If they are lucky and had caught the attention of the prince, they can live a good life. Yet the didn't know about the scary fate of those who are married off to another kingdom, what hidden things would they do to you? are they genuine?

All the ministers hope that it would not be their daughter chosen, yet those 'foolish' girls wishes and want to catch the attention of the prince. Yu Xuan was dazed when she saw TingXiao in his purple robe with a striking heavenly handsome face. She knew at that moment that she want to marry him.

TingXiao felt a very menacing stare from a far and felt slightly uncomfortable, never in his life did he felt uncomfortable by someone's stare. The Ball started very soon after and the girls decided to take off their mask to flaunt their beauty, while that includes everyone but Jing Xuan.

Jing Xuan roamed her eyes and saw Yu Xuan with a smile on her face as she walked towards TingXiao very shamelessly too. TingXiao had on a fake smile as he entertained everyone of the girls, he honestly couldn't be bothered with anyone else other than Jing Xuan.

"Greetings to the crown prince of the western country, this lady here is called Guan Yu Xuan. Would you like to have a dance with me?" She asked.

To Yu Xuan, she is the most beautiful lady girl there and now that Jing Xuan is not taking off her mask she is definitely the 'most beautiful lady' there.

TingXiao obliged and dance with Yu Xuan until the music ends. When the music ends, all eyes was on TingXiao when he raised his hands seeming to want to announce something. Yu Xuan heart thumped faster when she thought TingXiao had fallen for her and wanted her to his bride.

"I'm going to announce who i want to marry right now," all girls there looked at Yu Xuan with jealous eyes, when they realised that the only possible girl who he could be announcing can only be her.

TingXiao turned to look at Yu Xuan, although a smile was on his face but deep inside he had a deep sense of murderous intention towards Yu Xuan. When he checked on Jing Xuan's background, he found out about her friend Yu Xuan and also found out that she was the one that had instructed those assassins to kill Jing Xuan.

Just the thought that this girl in front of him had tried to kill his beloved send waves and angers down him.

"I'm going to marry Mu Jing Xuan." he then turned towards Jing Xuan who was still wearing her mask and started walking towards her. He gently picks her hand up and smiled at her,

"She's the only girl i want to marry." everyone at the ball was shocked and speechless as they did not see any interactions between TingXiao and the girl behind the mask. TingXiao reached towards the back of Jing Xuan's head and undid the mask, showing everyone who is she.

The emperor slightly hissed in his heart, this girl he finally chosen to married off to his ninth brother to control him is gone. However he still put on a fake smile, congratulated him and decreed the marriage.

Both families were informed of this arrangement and very reluctantly did the Mu family finally come to terms that TingXiao is a good man and will take good care of Jing Xuan. The wedding was set a month later, and one jealous girl was plotting some ways to get rid of Jing Xuan.

"Jin lian, help me think of ways to get rid of Jing Xuan so i can take her place."

"Xiao Jie can -" Jin Lian whispered into Yu Xuan's ear, as she was whispering a cunning smile appeared on Yu Xuan's face.

"Hm, that is a good idea. I knew i can always count on you Jin Lian, you can head to the pay department to get more pay" Yu Xuan said happily as she started playing the scene that will happen that day in her head.

-
-
-

Loves, sorry for the short chapter and finally ive ran out of stocked chapters and will have to delay the updates as i would have to take time out of my busy schedule (Exams in three weeks) to write. Will still update although will be slowed!