8: Poison Master (1)

Chapter 8: Poison Master(1)
Do vote and comment:)

Parting away from the beasts at the forest, she headed into the village. However, she noticed one cute little beast who wouldn't leave Jing Xuan's side.

"You know, are you able to change your appearance? If you don't change your appearance then people might want to steal you away." Jing Xuan asked the purple three tailed fox. Understanding Jing Xuan's word, the fox slowly morphed into a small boy around the age of 4.

"Oh god! You're so cute!" Jing Xuan squealed as she pinched his cheeks.

"Heheh." He chuckled as he affectionately leaned his head towards her hand, wanting to be touched and petted more.

"What's your name?" She asked, holding his hand as they walked towards the village.

"Name? I don't have one..." he said almost sadly which hit the softest spot in her heart, she was after all an orphan without a name, she couldn't help but felt pity.

"Well, shall we call you Jing Jie?" Jing Xuan asked as she ruffled his hair. He nodded happily and excitedly at his new name, mumbling it a few times.

"Contract!" Jing Jie suddenly shouted as he stopped Jing Xuan.

"What?"

"Lets sign a contract, I'll be your spirit beast. Just feed me and love me" Jing Jie said cutely as he lightly swing Jing Xuan's hand back and forth.

"Um... how do i do it?" Jing Xuan asked, she wasn't sure how to do it as it was never mentioned in the novel.

"I just need our blood to touch to form the blood bond and spirit beast contract. I will be your spirit beast tied to your soul forever unless you released the contract."

Nodding her head, Jing Xuan took out a small dagger and cut a small slit on her index finger. Following she cut Jing Jie's little index finger, they both then bought their index finger together touching tip to tip. After Jing Jie mumbled something, a force of Blue light burst forth as the contract formed.

High Peak Earth Rank! Just forming a contract I levelled up 5 level and is now in the peak of my Rank and soon breaking through!

Ps (what Jing Xuan meant when she said she levelled up 5 level is that from a Low Peak Earth Rank to breaking through there are 6 levels. Low Peak, Mid Peak and High Peak, and each peak contains 2 level so when she levelled up 5 level she ends up at the last level of the High Peak Earth Rank before she break through to the next rank. Hope this clear things up, if you do not understand drop a comment!)

Happy at the increase in rank, Jing Xuan tightly hugged Jing Jie. "If i formed contracts with beasts, will i rank up too?" She asked.

"No... it was because I'm a mystical beast thats why when we form a contract you levelled up. As i grow stronger you will grow stronger too, that is also part of the contract." He informed.

"Anyways, thank you!-" she kissed Jing Jie's cheeks as she called him her lucky star.

Reaching the village with a child, everyone looked at Jing Xuan warily. Not many outsiders come into this village due to the surrounding beasts that are rampaging.

"OLD FART LOOK AT YOUR FOOD THERE CLEARLY IS A DEAD COCKROACH IN IT! ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?!" A man in his late forties shouted out as he threw the bowl of noodles onto the floor.

"Sir, please stop! Our food have always been clean and clear!" The old man argued back.

"ARE YOU ACCUSING ME OF LYING TO YOU!? DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM!?" the younger man shouted angrily.

"What do you want!?" The old man asked in defeat.

"Not much... just one thousand gold tael" he said nonchalantly as though 1000 gold tael is 10 copper coin.

"What a bully..." Jing Jie muttered as he looked at the fight.

"There's nothing much we can do, by helping we will just increase the drama and violent. The guy seem to know of someone in the higher up, or have a higher cultivation then the old man if we interfere and don't exterminate all the causes it'll only cause them more trouble." Jing Xuan explains to Jing jie as she took a turn and avoided the restaurant.

The village seemed normal however a part of the town was especially quiet. Along with Jing Jie, she walked into the quiet area and saw people crowding around a house.

"Madam... whats going on here?" Jing Xuan grabbed a passing by madam and asked.

"A poison master happened to pass by and heard a child got poisoned and decided to help him! We're all just looking at the young poison master helping the child." She explains.

A light flashed in Jing Xuan's heart as she actually managed to meet a Poison Master at this village. Holding in her excitement, she stood to a side as she waited for the Poison Master to exit the house.

After an hour or so, the people crowding the little boy's house started dispersing and the Poison Master walks out. He was wearing a mask that covers his nose onwards, however his sleek body and fine jaw line proves that the Poison Master is very young.

"Hey hey" Jing Xuan called out towards the Poison Master.

He turned his head towards the direction and used his index finger and questioningly pointed to himself. Nobody had dared to approach him like this, everyone respected him and all called him Master.

"Yes! You!," she walked towards the Poison Master as she grabbed a hold of his hands, "Teach me to make some simple poison!" She said excitedly, totally forgetting that she have left Jing Jie behind a wall.

Chen Zhi Hao, the Poison Master was slightly taken aback by this unruly maiden that goes around taking advantage of males.

"W-what are you doing!" He shouted as he shake off his hands and put it behind him.

Oops, totally forgotten that in this century females and males must remain at a distance...

"Sorry i got excited. Anyways, so can you teach me?" She asked.

"Why should I teach you?"

"I will... repay you!" Initially she wanted to learn poison to help the army, but then she realises that if she learn poison then she could secretly kill Yu Xuan and no one will know as she had secretly learn poison herself.

She smiled evilly and creepily as such an idea that she didn't know it had sent a chill down the Poison Master's back.

"How will you repay me then?"

"Whatever you want me to do, just one thing I'll help you! Of course it cannot go against my morals and such." She said.

He thought for a while before he agrees to teach her poison.

"A place to stay, do you have a place to stay?" He asked.

"Uh! Oh shit!" She mumbles.

"If you do not mind, you can stay at this old worn out house as a repayment for saving my little young son's life." The father of the son that Chen Zhi Hao had saved suggested

"Yes that'll be appreciated thank you." Chen Zhi Hao said smilingly to the old man.

There she started out her Poisonous Journey~