34: where am i?

Nearing the date, red stickers of words of blessing and marriage is pasted on the walls and doors of the Mu manor. Dangling red lanterns were signifying the soon arrival of the auspicious marriage and alliance between the two country.

Jing Xuan is out with Yu Xuan to check her wedding dress one last time, TingXiao had brought her to get her wedding dress made as he did not want her to worry about making her own. The dress is red in colour and have beautiful embroideries and lace detailing on them. Showing how much TingXiao cares and willing to spend for Jing Xuan.

"The dress is so beautiful ah, i wish i can wear it" Yu Xuan said as she eyed the wedding dress with jealousy.

"En. it is indeed beautiful" indeed you wish Jing Xuan added in her head, she could tell that Yu Xuan had fallen in love with Ting Xiao and is feeling extremely hateful towards her.

After checking up on the dress they headed back to their respective manor and stayed in for the rest of the day. The day after tomorrow is the big day, and it is advised for the bride to not leave the manor the day before the big day.

Having not met Ting Xiao for nearly a month as he was busy preparing for the marriage and settling his state affairs back home. Jing Xuan sat on her bed as she helplessly think about Ting Xiao, and very soon feel into a deep sleep.

As the night got deeper, stealthy footsteps could be heard on the roof of Jing Xuan's room. In the deep and dead silent night, everyone seem to be in a deep slumber. Even Jing Jie who would've heard those footsteps were deep asleep as though he had plugged his ears.

Upon closer look, you can see three man in full black attire with a black mask over their face running on the roofs approaching the far east side which is Jing Xuan's courtyard. Their footsteps light and soft, professional assassins they are.

They jumped down from the roof and a soft 'pah' could be heard when they feet landed on the grass and floor. Crouching low they headed towards Jing Xuan's room and lightly opened her door, creeping into bed chamber.

Peering through their mask, they managed to catch a glimpse of the beautiful and brave Jing Xuan.

"Ah~ she's pretty" one of the said as he look at her with lecherous eyes. The leader of the group rolled his eyes, their mission is to kidnapped her and they're not given further instructions yet they are already thinking of those things.

"throw her in that sack of bag. lets go" he said sternly, they quickly did their thing before they left to somewhere deeper into the forest.

While they're at it, she creep into the room and assumed the position of Jing Xuan. The very next day she insisted that she did not want to see anyone until she leave because she felt heartbroken and would cry if she meets them so she wants to meet them before she leaves so she wont ruin the makeup.

As the auspicious hour was arriving, she placed the red wedding veil over her head that covers her face all the way to her chest. She carried herself well as she walks out of her room and head to the hall as she waits for the bridal sedan chair to arrive.

Deep into the forest, Jing Xuan's hand was tied up with restricting magic rope that ties her hand together and restrict her of using any magic. Every time she were to use magic, it would alert the assassins.

the binding of those rope, that tightens everytime she moves causes Jing Xuan to groan and wake up. The rough rope cutting into her skin, as her eyes slowly scans the room.

"This people!" she growled as she moves her hand and tried to use magic to undo the rope yet it wouldn't budge at all. Instead the power had reflecting back to her, causing her some slight bruises.

The door opened slightly and 2 man in black came walking in, with a black mask on their face. "How're you feeling?" one of the guy asked as he walked towards Jing Xuan and tightly grabbed on her chin.

Yu Xuan smirked as she got onto the sedan chair and bid her 'family' farewell. i'll see how you can escape and what will happen after the rice is already cooked. [1]

[1]: when she have sex with tingxiao already, he will have to take responsibility of his action.