Chapter 18: Maid of Honour

CHAPTER 18: MAID OF HONOUR

We pulled up outside the house and we were all excited. Esme heard the car and rushed out of the house excitedly to greet us, Edward wasn't far behind.  

"So, how did you get on?" Esme asked  

"Great" I answered  

"Yes" chimed Alice "Who'd have known your wife has such great taste Edward? I'll make a great shopping companion out of her yet" she quipped, throwing a bright smile my way.  

"I'm just glad you're home love" Edward whispered into my hair as he greeted me "I've missed you" I smiled to myself and was about to tell him I'd missed him too but I got cut off.  

"Okay, enough of the lovey dovey stuff Edward!" Rose interrupted "You have to go inside now! We've got unpacking to do" she ordered. Edward kissed me lightly on the head and turned, reluctantly, back toward's the house. I could have sworn I heard him growl slightly to himself.

We got inside and rushed up the stairs, carrying bags of dresses, shoe's, handbag's and such like with us. Esme gushed over the bridesmaid's dresses in delight. "You'll all look so beautiful" she sighed "I'm so proud"  

"Well Esme, there's still one more dress we need to buy" I teased. Alice gasped, smiling widely. She had obviously seen what I was about to do. They all knew I had planned to ask Esme, but they didn't know when.  

"Oh love" she sighed apologetically. She was obviously unaware of what I had meant "Didn't you get your dress today? Not to worry I'm sure you'll find one soon"  

"No, no Esme, I got mine" I laughed "But we need yours"  

"Mine?" she asked, slightly confused.  

"Of course, I can't get married without a maid of honour can I?" Esme stared at me, her mouth hanging open for a second, before she quickly regained her usual soft composure.  

"Me?" she asked, trying to hide the shock in her voice.  

"Of course" I smiled "Who else?"  

"Oh Bella dear, I'd be honoured!" she exclaimed pulling me close to her and wrapping her arms loving around me. "But I thought you'd have picked one of the girl's"  

"Esme, you are one of girl's" I assured her "and there's no one I'd love to have by my side more than you" I smiled "and beside's, the other's agree with me, you're the best woman for the job" I looked over to see my daughter and two sister's all stood smiling proudly at the scene before them.  

"Well, in that case..." smiled Esme "does your maid of honour get to see your dress?"  

"Of course" I answered making my way over toward's the bed. Where my dress laid hidden inside it's black bag.  

"Wait!!" screeched Alice  

"What?" I asked, slightly taken-a-back. I immediately stopped what I was doing and turned to look at Alice.  

"JASPER!!" Alice shouted. Within second's Jasper was at the bedroom door knocking to ask for permission to enter "Well come in then!" sighed Alice  

"You called?" he asked  

"Yes, I need you to do me a favour" she began "Can you go downstairs and take Edward somewhere away from the house? Esme's good at hiding her thought's, but I don't want to risk him seeing anything when she's caught off guard"  

"Um, OK, but where do you suggest I take him?" he asked. A few second's passed before Alice answered,  

"I know!" she squealed "Ness, you're having a takeaway as a treat tonight, what do you fancy?" she asked turning to face her