Chapter 64: Dark (Renesmee POV)

[A/N: As promised, an entry from Renesmee's POV. Thank-you all so much for constant support!! As you know Still Dawn will be finishing on 18th December- but if you would like a sequel then you can register your interest by joining our Facebook page: New Horizons.

As always, love to Niki, aka Esme's Diary for editing!!

Susan xx ]

CHAPTER 64: DARK (Renesmee's POV)

It was dark here, the only light in the room came from a small grate in the top of one of the wall's and although my eye's had adjusted over time the dark still scared me. I had never been afraid of the dark before, but this was different. The darkness that come's at night doesn't feel scary to me, it feel's almost natural. But this darkness was terrifying. This wasn't the kind of black cloak that surround's you at night time. This was worse, much worse. This was a my prison, so far underground that the only light I did get had been filtered through a number of window's already so it was no longer the pure, warm sunlight I was use to at home.

 Home. I would do anything to be at home now, I was missing my Mom, my Dad, everyone... but most of all I was missing Jake. Jake alway's managed to make me feel safe, and right now I had never felt so unsafe in my entire life.

 My,for want of a better word, cell is quite large, though I cannot see from one end of the room to the other because of the darkness. I can just about make out the large misshapen brick's that make up the basement wall's, though it strain's my eye's to see them so I have given up trying. The door is a thick wooden one with a steel gate across the inside that they lock before they go out the door. There is no way for me to escape, I have tried, the grate in the wall was too high and welded shut, the door was inaccessible to me. There was no way out and there was no way home.

 I knew my Mom and Dad would be out looking for me. But from what information Tarin and Tanya have been feeding me I also knew they would be looking in the wrong place, the wrong country even. I shook my head as fresh tear's formed in my eye's. I'm so scared,scared to the point that word's can't even begin to comprehend how I am feeling. My body had taken to shaking constantly, and my eye's were, well, underneath they were red, swollen and blotchy. I didn't dare think about how my eye's looked when I had seen them in my reflection the other day when Tarin had taken me up to the main hall. I shuddered at the all to clear memory and pulled my knee's up close to my chest, burying my face in the torn pant's I was wearing. I knew it did no good to cry, they would only hear me and get angry, but I couldn't stop the almost silent sob's from shaking my body.

 I prayed that my Mom and Dad were safe, that nobody had harmed them. I'd been constantly making decision's in the hope that Alice might see them, I knew this was a lost cause though, Alice had never been able to see me clearly. Still I couldn't help but try.

 My mind unwillingly skipped over thinking about Jake. The thought of loosing him, of having him hurt, was too much to bare. I couldn't think about that. Instead I thought about the night he proposed to me. I looked down at my hand, the ring on it still looked as elegant as it alway's had, even in the dull light. I thought about the evening's we would spend together huddled up on the sofa, our first kiss.

 I thought about anything that would stop me thinking about where I was, how I had gotten here, and the reason why. I soon found myself struggling to think of anything that didn't involve this cell though, as if it had become the be all and end all of my life. I thought about my last day at home, and how perfect Jake had looked, his beautiful black eye's, his strong, sexy, muscular body. I sighed happily at the memory. But it was soon overtaken by a more harrowing memory,