CHAPTER 38, PLEASE

[A/N: Thanks for all the votes guys! Can we do the same for this one??  

Thanks for reading!!  

Susan xx ]

CHAPTER 38: PLEASE?

"Turn around" Rose grinned, looking behind me. I quickly turned in my seat and came face to face with Emmett and little Henry.  

"Emmett!" I cried, my voice now filled with emotion. In some way's it worse for me seeing Emmett, I had never gotten to say goodbye, and now that he was stood just 3 feet away, all the hurt and pain I'd felt when they left came flooding back to me. Rosalie rushed past me and took Henry from Emmett's arm's. The second she was away I leapt at him and wrapped my arm's securely around his neck,  

"Hey Bells" he soothed, rubbing my back.  

"I've missed you so much!" I choked, not knowing what else to say. I felt like I wanted to cry. Even though I couldn't. I felt like I couldn't breath, I wanted to, but I was so filled with emotion at this point that I just couldn't.  

"I've missed you too" he said, gripping me tighter. I never wanted to let go, I never wanted to let either of them out of my sight again for as long as I lived. "Hey Jacob" Emmett greeted him over my shoulder.

After a minute or so I eventually freed myself from Emmett's grasp and started to breath normally again.  

"Are you alright Bella?" he asked me,  

"No, not really" I admitted running my left hand up my right arm, "I just didn't realise, until now how much I had really missed having you around" I said, looking between Emmett and Rosalie, who was now cuddling Henry tight in her arm's, rocking him back and forth.  

"Aww Bells" Emmett sighed, hugging me slightly once more. I took a deep breathe and turned around to see Rose,  

"Could I have a cuddle with my nephew then?" I asked, trying to distract myself from the hollow feeling I had in my stomach, knowing that in such a short time, they would leave again.  

"Sure" Rosalie smiled, passing Henry to me. I reached out and took the little boy into my arm's, he looked so perfect, his dimple's stood out on his face. And his hair looked slightly curlier than it had it in the photo Rose had shown me the day she left. He was adorable, I could see how he'd made such an impact on the rest of the family, and how Rose had fallen in love with him so quickly. Five second's after meeting him and I was smitten.

I sat holding him in my arm's for a few minute's, just staring at him as he slept peacefully, it reminded me of the first day I had held Renesmee after I had changed, I was amazed by him.  

"He need's a change" Rosalie said, holding her arm's out to take him from me. I passed the child back to his mother, and watched as the baby seemed to fit perfectly in her arm's, like he was made for her and her alone. Rose got up and left to go to the bathroom with the baby securely in her arm's. "So how's thing's with you Bella?" Emmett asked  

"Miserable!" I admitted "Everything has changed since you left"  

"What, no one to take the mick any more?" Emmett chuckled from across the table, the smile didn't last long on his face though. He soon began frowning.  

"You want to come home don't you?" I asked  

"Of I course I do" Emmett began, he was about to finish talking but got cut off,  

"Sorry to interrupt, but are you ready to order?" asked the server  

"Yep!" answered Jacob "I'll have the 8oz steak please" he said, looking toward's me,  

"I'll have the same" said Emmett,  

"And just 2 salad's for me and Rose" I added. I knew Jacob intended on eating it all and I wasn't about to cause him to have a heart attack.  

"Do you have facilitie's to warm up baby milk?" Emmett asked, holding out the bottle he picked out of the bag resting by his feet.  

"Of course sir" the server nodded, taking the bottle from Emmett. "Any drink's?" he asked, making a note of our order's,  

"Just some soda's please" I answered,  

"No problem" he finished, walking away from the table.  

"You were saying?" I asked my brother.  

"It's not that simple Bella" Emmett sighed "Rose, she love's Henry, I do as well" he added quickly "I have to stand by her decision"  

"But we need you home" I pouted "we're not complete without you. Even my stupid husband realise's that!"  

"Please Em" Jacob pleaded "Even I'm going crazy without you!" Emmett chuckled slightly to himself at Jacob's comment,  

"It's Rose you need to convince mate, not me" he shrugged

Rosalie returned to the table a few minute's later, carrying a now awake Henry in her arm's.  

"That's better isn't it?" she cooed, sitting down next to her husband  

"Um Rose" Emmett began "Bella reckon's Edward's calmed down, maybe we should go back with them, even if it's just to see?"  

"No!" Rosalie spat "I'm not risking our son!"  

"Edward won't hurt him Rose" I insisted  

"As if we'd let him" Jacob growled beside me  

"See" I insisted, "What harm can it do just to talk?"  

"I'm not sure" she sighed, looking down at the baby.

We spent the next hour trying to convince Rosalie that Henry would be perfectly safe, she finally relented, and agreed that she would drive back with us. Just to talk.  

"Everything will be fine babe" Emmett said, strapping Henry into the car seat.  

"It had better be!" she hissed, "I destroyed that other vampire, I can do it to him" I flinched at Rose's harsh word's, but understood her point. If Edward messed this up I may well be tempted to go long with what Ness had suggested and divorce him.  

"You can ride back with Jakey boy" Emmett grinned, he was happy to be going home. I hesitated slightly but was instantly reassure when I saw that it was Emmett who would be driving.  

"OK" I said "But if you don't follow I will come find you" I laughed awkwardly  

"I promise!" Emmett grinned

I walked over to the rabbit where Jacob was waiting for me and got in. he was in the driver's seat grinning widely,  

"You think they'll stay?" I asked  

"Once Emmett get's home, he's never going to want to leave again" he answered confidently  

"I hope you're right" I sighed  

"Bells, cheer up" he smiled "you did well"  

"I just hope they actually follow us back" I sighed, looking down at my phone. 43 missed call's, all from Edward. I pressed the call button and waited for him to answer.

"Bella?" he answered, sounding frantic "Where are you? Why have you taken the Jeep? Are you alright? Why didn't you answer my calls?"  

"Edward calm down, I'm fine" I sighed "Is everyone at home?"  

"Alice and Jasper went out" he answered "Why?" "Ring them and tell them to get home now" I ordered  

"Bella what's going on?"  

"Edward, you have to trust me. But I need you to get Alice and Jasper home in the next couple of hour's OK?"  

"But why?"  

"Because I said so!" I told him  

"Fine!" he agreed "but-" I hung up the phone and switched it off before he could say any more.

I crossed my finger's and hoped this would all work out.