Chapter 55: Missing

[A/N: Please please please commment and vote!! Your opinions mean so much to me!!  

Thanks to Niki for editing!!  

Hope you like!  

Susan xx ]

CHAPTER 55: MISSING (Edwards POV)

The growl left my throat almost involuntarily. And whatever noise I was making was soon cut off by Alice's scream. Usually I would tell her she was being over dramatic, but in this case I reasoned she was justified.  

The vision wasn't very clear, as it never is when Ness is concerned, but it was clear enough.

She was sat in a dark room, possibly a basement, there didn't seem like there was very little natural light coming through, except for on her body. She was dressed in the same clothe's as she left the house in today, although they were torn, and her face looked dirty. She was curled up crying with her knee's pulled into her chest.  

She looked terrified  

She screamed as a figure stepped toward's her. Long strawberry blonde hair cascaded down her back, not visible except when the light caught it at the odd moment. The figure leered over her, whispering something inaudible due to the fuzziness of the the vision. My daughter scooted quickly to the other side of the room in an attempt to get away from her captor.  

The figure turned to change her direction and a familiar, yet somehow unfamiliar face came briefly into view. It was familiar in the respect that I had seen it, time and time again over the many year's I have been a vampire. Her nose, her mouth, were all familiar to me. The eye's however were red, and not the gold colour I had come to know. The vampire leaped forward at my daughter as she screamed and the vision ended.

"What did you see?" Jasper was asking Alice, who whilst having her vision had managed to loose her grip on Bella who was now on her knee's speechless. I raced to her side, needing to calm my Bella, to comfort her. I was just as frightened as her and needed her close to me. Our child was missing, and the worse kind of betrayal had been made.  

"Bella, Bella" I repeated, trying to regain her attention "It's OK we'll find her" I promised.  

"WILL SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?" Jacob hollered across the room. I ignored him, deciding to let the other's concentrate on him whilst I helped my wife.  

But instead of answering Jacob their unanswered question's flooded my head;  

'What did she see?'  

'Where's Ness?'  

'What's happening?'  

'Where do we go from here?'  

Alice's thought's were what caught my attention the most;  

'Edward? Was that really her? I mean, I can't be sure... would she do that?'

I was now cradling my wife in my arm's, she looked like she was going into shock. I nodded briefly to Alice whose mind then went into overdrive worrying over the vision.  

'Surely not? You don't honestly believe she would take Ness do you? I mean- sure it looked like her but it couldn't...'  

I stopped listening then. I knew why Alice was making excuse's for my daughter's captor, but that didn't mean I was going to listen.  

"What- What did she see?" Bella finally managed.  

"We don't know where she is" I sighed "but we do know who she's with"