1- Alone

(CHAPTER 1 COMPLETELY EDITED, 03/11/2019)

I am basically rewriting most of the earlier chapters of this fanfiction, but not changing the plot of the story or anything really. You dont have to re-read it if you dont want to, because I'll say its still the same. 

_____

Original notes:

The picture I used for the cover isn't my art,

(Also I just watched the anime and my needs of making a fanfic took over me OOPS)

_____

King's P.O.V

The wind blew. It caused strands of ginger hair to slowly end up in front of my eyes. I ignored the bitterness of the air; it reminded me of this world. Bitter. It seemed the world had been against me all my life, as if I were a burden to it, to which I knew I was. 

The others were inside the tavern. It was yet another lazy day: no customers, no interruptions from an enemy. During those days they would each stay inside and happily chat and party until sunset. 'Almost like a family,' I pondered.

Although I was considered a part of their group - a part of the family - I still felt like an odd one out, the one that I felt people would ignore. It was to a point that I started to sleep away from the rooms of the Boar Hat, in places like fields with vibrant flowers and silky grass. 

Floating above the busy town with my Chastiefol tight to my chest as I did so, seemed to help by a small amount. It gave me a moment of peace - just a moment away from things that I would never be able to escape from. My deceased sister, my best friend that suffered for my mistakes, the girl that doesn't take liking to me, as I do to her. Diane only had eyes for Meliodas, the strong, inspiring and intriguing blonde that led the group of sins. My breath became uneven at the thoughts that took over my mind. For a moment, I wondered what I did to deserve something like it. the mere thought didn't last long.

The distant sound of chattering humans below me quickly returned to my senses. I looked down. They looked so happy - so in touch with the world and the other people living on it. How do I become like them? What do I do to regain the emotion of happiness?

I didn't even realize my body slowly drifting down to land on a tall tree that overlooked a large portion of the village, until I had fully been seated. I used the large green pillow to sit on. Nobody seemed to notice me, so for a while I simply took in my surroundings. Random stalls placed around the areas seemed to thrive, with people pushing past others to look at the items on sale. People in groups or couples were conversing, just like normal humans. It only made me feel more like I wasn't normal, it slowly began to disgust me - the way they so easily lived. I disgusted myself with the jealousy I felt, and so I got up and flew. Flew to the only place my sorry ass can really go besides yet another lonely area - the Boar Hat. 

Diane's P.O.V

I slowly awoke on the floor beside the tavern. The sunlight had woken me up, shining upon me in lukewarm, bright beams. It felt great. 

I peered inside of the almost-empty Boar Hat. My giantess form deemed too big to fit inside such a tiny building, so I stuck to sleeping outside on nice days and nights like this. Using Merlin's pills was an option, but the chance of sleeping inside and having my body return to its original form overnight was a risk I avoided taking. They only lasted so long.

It seemed customers were too focused on a busy day in the village, because only the sins were inside - either talking or asleep. Elizabeth had noticed me having a look in, so she gave a smile and a wave while ignoring Meliodas who had seemed to have basically latched onto her. Sure, it made me envy her - I was the sin of such thing after all - but the princess was a nice girl. I still longed for the Captain's affection though. 

I carefully grabbed the small jar held close by me, making sure not to shatter the glass that held the little pills inside. I took one out and held it between two of my fingers, then proceeded to use it and wait for myself to shrink. Once human sized, I changed into a nice set of clothes and headed inside the tavern. I got small greetings from the people that were awake, whereas Ban responded with a loud snore and an inaudible mumble. Probably going on about Elaine again.. 

It had only just been then that I realized that the only person really missing was King, and that in all honesty it had been a while since I last saw of him. 

"Hey guys, has anyone seen King?" I decided to question, but only ended up with a shrug from the captain. 

"Nope. It's been a while actually - but he's probably just been out doing his own thing. It's normal," He responded, saying it as if he were reassuring me. He immediately went back to bothering Elizabeth. How comforting.

As if on cue, King enters the tavern, opening the door so quickly that it obviously seems to startle the few people that were inside. At this point, Ban had woken up while we weren't looking, and a smirk formed on his red face. It appeared that the ale he had the night before was still in effect. 

"Heeeeey, King~" He sang in a slur of words, approaching the silent boy and ruffling his hair in a rough way. Usually, the fairy would whine and scold him in form of reply, but this time there was some sort of change. He looked out of it. Like something else was bothering him to the point of not caring about the tall man's actions anymore. It only worried me more when he began to head upstairs, still not having spoken a word. 

"What- hey, King! Why're you ignoring me, huh!?" Ban shouted to him, but it was no use. An awkward silence arose in the room, leaving both me and the others to question what the hell had just happened. 

_____

I hope it's just a little better lol