9- The question

Omg 500 reads!? 

I cant believe it! Thank you all so much for the reads, comments and votes. I cant stop saying how much I appreciate you all! I feel like I owe you something, and all I can give is Kiane! But Diane will need to understand xD

Okay onto the chapter!

King's P.O.V

I sat at one of the wooden tables at the tavern, boringly burying my face in my arms, not noticing how I was drifting off to sleep, until I was snapped out of my slumber as the tavern's door opened to Diane looking as cheerful as ever. I smiled and waved at her, as she looked at me and returned the smile.

"Hey King, you're just the one I need right now!" She told me, as she grabbed my hand and pulled me outside, making me blush a deep shade of red.

She pulled me behind the Boar Hat and stared at the ground, circling her right foot around the grass. As my blush stopped, hers became visible, making me wonder about what she was going to tell me.

Some idea popped up inside of me that she finally realised how much I have been trying to look after her and protect her from danger, and that she may be confessing to me, but I shook it off and told myself that it wouldn't be possible. The thought made myself frown a little.

"What's up, Diane?" I asked with a worried tone hinted in my voice.

"I think It's obvious that I like the C-captain.. So I was wondering if you could give me advice on how to c-confess to him and tell him to meet me at the area with long grass at the v-village.." She told me in a quiet and stutter voice.

As she said that everything around me seemed to be slow. The trees and silky grass moving in the breeze moved slowly to me. I was speechless and heartbroken, and there I realised that I really would never get a chance to be with my lover. My mouth wanted to open and say something but nothing came out.

I forced the tears in my eyes to go away but it clearly didn't work as I could feel the liquid start to appear. I quickly wiped the tears away before Diane could notice.

"Are you okay?? Your face is red, especially your eyes.. Are you sick?" She asked me.

I quickly forced my speechless self to reply to Diane.

"I'm okay. J-Just tired.." 

I wanted Diane to be happy and if making her happy meant that she wouldn't be with me, then that's just how things work. It doesn't matter about me, it matters about her in the end and I care about her happiness. Her smile is all I want to see from her.

"M-Meliodas would want you to be yourself.. I will tell him to meet you there...

For you.."

My voice became quieter as I said the last two words and that's when I couldn't handle it anymore and I flew off to a forest nearby, hearing a "Thank you!" From Diane.

Diane's P.O.V

I thanked King as he flew off into a forest. He was acting pretty weird but I knew that nothing was wrong and I skipped happily back towards the area in the village, waiting for the captain to arrive and I could finally get all of the feelings off of my chest.

(Sorry Diane's P.O.V was really short just now XD)

Meliodas' P.O.V

I walked back towards the tavern only to see that nearby, I could slightly see King rushing off into a forest. Curiosity came over me and I made my way over to him secretly and hid behind a huge slender tree that seemed to sway slightly when the wind levels were high. In front of me was the tree that King seemed to be sitting on, as he sat on one of the many branches surrounding it.

As I examined him a bit more I realised the position he was sitting in.

He was hugging his knees tightly as his head was buried in his arms. And as I examined more and more I could hear him.

he was sobbing.

He seemed to be sobbing loudly, and I was not certain what he was crying about.

One part of me wanted to leave him alone for his own privacy, but another side of me wanted to ask him what was wrong. I decided to ask him as I made myself visible to King.

"Yo." I waved at him, not having any clue of how to approach him at this time.

I could see him look down at me and quickly wipe his tear-filled eyes and smile at me.

"D-Diane wants to m-meet you at the area in the v-village with long grass.." He told me with a happy voice, but I cold tell he was trying his hardest to cover up the fact that he was just bawling his eyes out a moment ago.

I instantly realised why he was crying and frowned at him.

"Okay.." Was all I told him. I was going to make this all work out for my fellow comrade. I needed to reason with Diane.

CHAPTER 9 YEET. I am so so sorry for making this chapter sad. Honestly, King didn't deserve that, but I swear things will be better in the future for Kiane!

Thanks again to my readers for all of the support, and also sorry for not uploading in a while :3

See you on chapter 10, DOUBLE DIGITS!

(ง'̀-'́)ง

♥‿♥

◉_◉

~(˘▾˘~)

\ (•◡•) /