Bad boy.

By: Purity Imagines
From: Tumblr

I never knew my window was open. The thing about opened windows was that you were exposed to the outdoors where everyone could see you, hear you, possibly smell your B.O which could happen if you haven’t showered in a month. It was the afternoon and I finished up the last of my study notes for my upcoming chemistry exam. I needed a break and it started off by inserting the chord of the loud speaker and playing a pop song.

The screen was still attached to the window so not even a fly could get in and infest my room. I survived one incident with my window open and it had something to do with a missing shirt. All I was doing was simply changing into my pyjamas. It was the middle of the night and I thought people would be asleep.

Turns out, a girl was having a party and both our lights were on in our rooms. A guy from the party opens her window to let out fresh air because God knows how hot it must be from partying. He looks at me coldly and I knew what he was really staring at. I hid underneath when I realized I was topless, exposing my chest to the houses across mine.

This time, I got caught by Minho who I considered a master of throwing shade at people and simply calling out people he didn’t like for no reason whatsoever.  Also a master of charm and he definitely caught my eye. Behind him would be his group of friends- possibly his minions just following everything he says no matter how stupid and clueless they really were.

Minho calls out in pain and covers his ears. “Ah! What’s that sound? It’s hurting my eardrums!”

One of his friends joins in. “I hear it too!” Minho looks at the others and waited for them to react with him. There wasn’t even anything loud and piercing. Nothing but the A/C filling the cafeteria which wasn’t an ear bleeding cause.

“Ah! Ah! Make it stop!” says another. This was getting ridiculous.

He chuckles and removes his hands off his ears. “Just kidding! There wasn’t any noise.” Ah, you bad boy. He was cute, though.

Anyways, Minho caught me dancing to a song I was recently listening to, singing my heart out even though it would make wolves howl. He was laughing in his room which was located in his house across from mine, our backyards separating us with wooden fences. He lives next door to the party girl.

I should really close my window next time, and possibly purchase a dark curtain. Minho recorded my cringeworthy performance on his phone, as I have noticed he was holding something up in front of his face while witnessing me moving in my room as if a spider was crawling inside my throat.

I thought he would forget about the video and possibly delete it. But I was wrong. At school, I noticed a few kids staring at me. Some were pointing at my direction, laughing. A couple of juniors walked passed me and a girl whispers, “I hope she’s gonna dance for prom!”

What is she talking about? I hurried toward the cafeteria and finally got the whole reason why everyone’s attention was on me now. Someone’s laptop was left on a table and it came to life with a video of a familiar person dancing to loud music. The person was me. From the front I saw Minho, looking at me with a grin.

Soon, everyone crowding around the table turns to me and starts laughing. By now, my hands once gripping my homework was now dropped to the dirty floor with spilled milk and pasta sauce. I was now the laughing stock of the school. Minho never deleted the video. He kept it for future references, for future events… for future pranks.

Finally, Minho laughs and slams his hands on the table. He was laughing so hard that tears were running down his face. Actual tears. “You’ve made everyone’s day, Y/N!” He did not stop laughing until he realized that my expression never changed from an angered one.

Maybe changing schools, getting plastic surgery, switch to a foreign accent, move to another planet and change my name to King Midas would help since I’m now the school’s joke.

Being humiliated enough, I dashed out the exit and into fresh air. The gardens of my school were finally starting to turn out well. Daisies, roses, tulips, sunflowers, fertilizer and vines growing. It would catch anyone’s attention just like me with my stupid dancing.

Someone follows me and after squinting from the bright sun I realize it was Minho himself. “You fucking bastard,” I spat. The last thing I needed was the bully himself. The bad boy.

“Dude, everyone’s gonna forget about that video in a couple of days- “ He begins. Was he being serious? You just ruined someone’s reputation for no reason and you make that stupid shit up?

“But you’re wrong, you prick!” I bellowed, my bag was slung over my shoulder. “People are gonna want copies to send to China, or Ireland! Or YouTubers React or freaking prom! Even high school reunion! Don’t you see how angry I am right now? You expect me to laugh it off, laugh at myself?”

“Y/N…”

“Me minding my own business in my room is very private and personal. You know that right, Minho? Or are you just that fucking stupid?! You’re seriously acting like TMZ now! Are you gonna film the janitor mopping floors and play it at graduation?”

“Y/N!” He groans.

“Oh piss off, Minho. I liked you but it turns out you’re nothing but an asshole! Stay the hell away from me!” With that, I left him with blooming flowers growing in the lovely garden.

Next time, I’m buying dark curtains.

~~~~~
IG | | typically.thomas