Hunch

By: randomfamdomimagine
From : Tumblr

I carefully eyed those boys from the table that was almost at the other end of the room. The blond, the Asian with the quiff and the restless brown-haired boy especially got my attention.

There was something about them that I liked a lot.

Maybe I was just trying to distract myself from that stupid and useless job guarding the doors where some girls and other people were.

I didn’t know much about that place or the people I was working for, I just took the job because it would provide me with a safe place to be and a way to survive in that terrible world that awaited us out there.

Still, I had always felt kind of suspicious about them. A hunch told me they weren’t as good as they wanted us to think they were.

Maybe that was why I those three boys got my attention, because they seemed to think there was something going on just like I was. Something not so good.

And they seemed rebelious and smart.

I got back to reality when I noticed how the brown haired boy stood up and walked in my direction.

I was supposed to be guarding the door, and something told me it was precisely what that guy was going for.

Indeed, the boy stood before me as he watched through the glass that showed the inside of the other room where girls walked along.

I put a hand on his chest and gave him a tired look.

“You can’t come in, kid” I told him with confidence and determination.

“I just want to see her” His eyes were fixed in the glass, probably looking at one of the girls.

I briefly looked over my shoulder to see a black haired girl with blue eyes that was going through the room.

“No one unauthorized can go through” I said tiredly, pushing him softly to give him a hint that he should stop being such a pain and walk away instead.

The boy stared at me, and he looked truly concerned for his friend. Maybe they were a couple or something.

“What is she doing there?” He asked me, obviously sad that they were apart.

“I honestly don’t know” All I was told was that I had to make sure no one passed, so I wasn’t lying. “Just get back to your seat before you get in trouble, kid”

The boy sighed and slowly turned around, heading towards the table were his friends waited for him, with faces that showed they had no idea what he was doing.

And suddenly, he lunged at me, trying to get to the door.

“Hey!” I pushed him so he wouldn’t get past me while he kept struggling.

So I just decided to bring him down.

With one leg, I swept both of his feet so he fell heavily to the floor.

“Thomas!” His friends came running by, but I wasn’t going to let a kid get on my nerves even if a crowd of more kids ran to me.

I sat over him as he lied face down on the floor and I held his arms behind his back.

“No, let him go” One of his friends, a guy that looked older than them with dark skin, pleaded.

I sighed and looked at them in exasperation. The blond seemed restless, but the Asian stared at me admiringly and at his friend annoyed.

I stood up and set that Thomas kid free.

“I’m just doing my job, kids” Was all I said as I brushed myself off and pulled Thomas up. “Make sure your curious friend here doesn’t get on my nerves”