Blind Date

From: Tumblr
By: all-alone-he-turns-to-stone

It was the first time in several months. The first attempt, the first step outside your shell. And you promised yourself it was the last time. You were giving love a last chance. Your heart got broken so many times, if it was still together, it was because of one band-aid.

It was your friend’s idea to introduce you to her boyfriend’s cousin. The latter was single for several months, like you, and like you, was languishing in his corner on the purpose of life and all other kinds of philosophical thoughts. She had insisted again and again a little more each day by repeating that both of you would fit so well together. Being roommate with her wasn’t such a good idea in the end, you couldn’t ignore her all the time. So, one good morning, exhausted to hear the same chorus, you had accepted the date. Blind date. You had no idea what he looked like, or even if he wasn’t a psychopath who was going to kill you in a dark alley as soon as you two would be alone.

You were watching too many movies, you were aware of it. The theater was your best friend, the confident, the man of your life. You were a maniac, knew chef d’oeuvre quotes by heart. You killed my father, now prepare to die. It was also the destination of the date, the movie theater. And since you were the girl, and according to the romantic comedy you devoured with appetite almost every afternoon, you were certain that the boy would let you choose the movie.

You had everything planned. A horror movie was perfect to ruin the date and make the guy run away from you. There was three possibilities of reaction from him. Either you were going to frighten him by the movie, or he would be frightened by you who loved these kind of movies, or even, thinking that you were afraid, would try to comfort you. And then you would let out your most scary laugh and traumatize him forever. However, what you didn’t know was that none of these possibilities would happen.

You didn’t want to, like he didn’t. Neither of you had the motivation to go through another date, another heartbreak. You wanted to ruin the date, he didn’t even want to show up.The solitude and warmth of your bed was everything you both wanted.

So it was with reluctance and no excitement, the usual first date stress absent from your body, that you went to the cinema way too early. And you waited. Ten minutes passed without anything, you peering through the glass doors, raising your eyebrows at every man of your age who entered the building, judging them all openly in your head. Too old. Oh my god, not him … maybe, he’s not so bad. You looked at your watch again, noting the time remaining before the movie started. It was a habit, you always arrive at the cinema very early to be certain to have the places you always took, at the top, right in the middle.

Too worried about the fact that you might not have these places, you couldn’t see the next young man walking through the doors. A young man with a quick breath, red cheeks and tousled hair. A young man who did had taken the time to style his messy hair, but the wind had ruined his work. The newcomer landed his golden look in the big room, looking for the girl he never met and with whom he had to watch a movie. He finally pose them on a person standing  in a corner, near the stand to buy the tickets. Immediately, he knew it was you. And Minho didn’t regret coming.

When you saw him, you had the crazy thought that maybe, it was him. Handsome, young and mysterious man, quite your kind, who walked towards you. But you reasoned by telling yourself that he probably wanted to buy tickets. It couldn’t be him. Just watching him, your heart was pounding and you already felt your hands covered with sweat. Simply picturing you and him spending several hours together made you feel dizzy. So, when he stopped in front of you and opened his mouth to speak, you didn’t hear a word, lost in the ocean of his amber pupils. You noticed after a few seconds that he was waiting for an answer.