Sketching

By: mxze-rxunner
From: Tumblr

“Does anyone know who’s been taking the supplies from the Map Room? There’s a shortage…” Minho said and you could hear the frustration in his voice. You and Chuck looked at each other; you were the one that was taking the paper and pencils from the Map Room but you remained silent.

You had discovered you had a talent when you were in the Map Room late one night with Minho. You had taken a pencil and started doodling on the corners of the maps the Runners had drawn up while Minho talked. He was showing you around even though you weren’t supposed to be in there. You knew that he was flirting with you and you flirted right back. Minho was one of your favorite Gladers. You spent a lot of time with him and you two seemed to like each other. So you felt bad knowing that you were taking paper and pencils from him without his consent.

“How are we going to write the maps out?” he growled and Newt calmed him down.

“Just draw them on the backs of the other pieces of paper. The Box is coming up tomorrow.” he said and Minho sighed.

“Well I’m going to be keeping a close eye on the supplies.” Minho said and walked away.

You walked towards the place in the Deadheads where you hid your stolen supplies. Your pencil was down to a tiny stub; Chuck was the one that always sharpened it for you. You also only had 2 pieces of paper left.

You always sketched when you were stressed out or upset about being stuck in the Glade. It was your escape, no matter how corny that sounds.

—-

You slowly crept into the Map Room and started looking around for the supplies. The closet. You walked over and saw it was cracked open a bit and saw a big pile of paper and a huge stack of pencils. Your fingers tingled from the desire to grab it all. You would usually take your time and count the paper and pencils and take small amounts but this time you threw the closet door open. Before you could even go for the paper though, a huge bucket of water fell on you. You screamed in surprise and heard footsteps.

“Shuck.” you said and ran around the Map Room, looking for a place to hide.

“Y/N?” Minho said, surprise clear in his voice. You stopped and smiled at him as water dripped from your hair and onto your face.

“Hi.” you said and he stood there confused.

“Are you the one taking the supplies?” he asked and you looked down, embarrassed.

“Come with me.” you said and you walked towards the exit. He wouldn’t move so you took his hand gently and led him out. Your hand was hot from holding his hand for the first time, and you knew that he must be feeling it too.

You led him into the Deadheads and towards the hiding spot.

“Here.” you said and handed him the stack of your sketches.

“You drew these?” he asked and you nodded.

“It’s me…” he said when he got to the last sketch. It was one that you had drawn the first time you discovered the supplies.

“I know it’s not that good, that’s from when I first started sketching here.” you said and took the stack from him.

“Wait.” he said and grabbed the one of him.

“I want this one.” he said and you smiled.

“So you’ll forgive me for taking the supplies?” you asked innocently and he swiped the wet hair from your face.

“Only if you let me kiss you.” he said and you nodded, allowing his soft lips to firmly press against yours.

《¤》《¤》《¤》《¤》《¤》《¤》
IG | | typically.thomas