More Than This

By: idioticimagination
From : Tumblr

"It was stupid!" Minho and I have been yelling at each other since we got back from the maze. Minho and I were both runners. We often bickered, but it never led to anything serious. However this time, the fight was huge. While running, I lost track of time and we almost didn't make it. Or....according to him, I lost track of time. According to me: we just weren't running fast enough.

For years Minho and I had been running together. We didn't like each other at first. He said i got too easily distracted, and I thought he was bossy and conceited. Over the years, however, we grew quite fond of the other. We ended up liking each other so much that we started dating. That was about a year ago. However, lately he's become distant. He was getting even more obsessed with the maze, and how to solve it. Although I couldn't blame him, it starting to take a very unhealthy toll on him.

It all started when he found Newt laying on the ground barely clinging to life. Seeing his friend in such a miserable state couldn't be easy. But going into that state of mind himself was not going to make anything better. He barely got any sleep, and I would always stay up waiting for him. We were exhausted, and the fact that our job was to run wasn't helping. We were getting slower and slower everyday. Minho, however, never noticed.

"Minho, I'm tired, and I don't want to fight with you right now," I said. I yawned as I held myself. It was cold, and it was as if my eyes were forcing themselves to be shut.

"Y/N, maybe we should take a break," he said. I froze at the thought. Tears collected in my eyes, but maybe he was right. I nodded as I wiped at my eyes.

He cleared his throat, sniffled, and went back to go map out the maze. I went to our room. Hours passed by, and he never came back. Why would he? I couldn't get any sleep. Endless thoughts invaded my head. Will he be okay? What if we don't make it the next time we run? What if we're too slow? I didn't notice how much time had passed until I heard the loud roar of the maze doors opening. I quickly got up, ignoring the pounding of my head, and I went to go meet with Minho for our run.

I stood beside him. The air was thick and filled with an awkward tension. "Just follow my lead," he said without looking at me. He avoided eye contact, and I nodded to let him know I heard him. He ran in, and I followed after him. My head kept pounding, and I was getting dizzy. I ignored it for as long as I could. However as we were making our way back to the glade, it became unbearable.

I stopped, holding my head in my hands. I tried to put pressure on the pain hoping it would do something. My legs were numb yet aching. I didn't realise it but at some point I fell to the ground. I was leaning against the wall. Minho knelt beside me trying to get me up. I stood to my feet trying ignore the pain again, but once Minho let go of me I fell to the floor. My head crashed against the concrete. There was a ringing in my ears. I lifted my hand, trying to get up, but I was trembling. I took a look around to see blood staining the ground and a very frantic Minho. My arm shook as it struggled to support me. Minho took me in his arms and started running. I looked up at the sky; the sun was setting. The doors would be closing soon.

The last thing I remember was Minho running with tears streaming down his face. A load groan could be heard as the maze shifted and moved. The doors! I looked up at Minho with nothing but guilt in my eyes. "Leave me," I whispered, "You have to." He shook his head and held me tighter. "Please, you won't make it if you don't." My eyes fluttered close, and I felt myself go limp. My grip oh Minho was lost causing him to lose balance while trying to catch my almost-lifeless body.

Minho's POV

"Stay with me! C'mon, Y/N! You gotta stay with me!" I kept running. Y/N's limp body was dying in my arms. I had to get her back! I need to get her home safe. Safe and alive. Adrenaline was coursing through my veins. My legs carried us through the maze at an inhumane rate. Tears were streaming down my face, and I was sweating like crazy. The blood from Y/N's head was dripping down my arm.