Behind Your Back || Part One

By: subject-a0
From: Tumblr

A girl.

Another girl greenie.

You and your best friend, Teresa, instantly high faved when the newcomer rose out of the box. You were in the Glade for a year before Teresa had popped up and you two quickly formed a strong friendship. It was only five months since then and another lady finally joined the group.

The greenie was beautiful. She had ginger locks that cascaded almost to her waist in gentle curls and her bright green eyes were full of intrigue as it scanned through the crowd of teenagers. Freckles danced on her full cheeks and her plump lips in a smile. She was probably only a bit taller than you.

As the only two other girls of the glade,you and your best friend and approached the greenie with smiles on your faces. Her eyes seemed to widen when they fell on you both.

"Hi, we're the only two other girls around." Teresa said, stopping in front of her.

You stepped next to your boyfriend, Newt who was also the one who had helped her up, and laced your hands with his. You noticed his head snap to your direction, as if shocked to see you, and it made you chuckle slightly before you both turned to the greenie. "I'm Y/N and this is Teresa. We're so happy to see another girl around." you smiled.

The greenie looked you up and down as she nibbled on her bottom lip before she nodded at you, "It's nice to meet you." she chirps.

"If you ever need any help, just let us know." you said gently, remembering how you had helped Teresa when she first arrived.

You looked at your best friend who was smiling at you, obviously remembering the same thing. "Yeah, if any of these shanks bother you, you tell us, alright?" she smirks.

The greenie giggled as she looked past you two girls and at the other Gladers, a sweet smile forming on her lips, "I'm sure they won't... right?" her eyes fell on Newt's a little longer than others but you didn't really notice.

"Y-yeah, I'm sure." your boyfriend responded and you smiled at him as he looked at the greenie. You loved how Newt was always so protective of every Glader, and so gentle as well. He was always the one greeting the greenies and touring them around - he was the only one who could really do it without scaring the klunk out of them. You laughed in your head when the picture of Teresa or Minho doing the greenie greetings popped in your mind.

Hearing Newt's hand accented voice from yours broke you out of your thoughts, "I-I'll be giving you the tour, uh... uhmm... d-do you remember your name?" Newt asked.

"Moira." she said quickly. It surprised you that she remembered her name already. It was a bit rare, most of you couldn't remember until a couple hours or days after.

Newt smiled back at her, "That's wonderful." he breathed, "Welcome to the Glade, Moira."

You nodded at her in agreement to what Newt said, not noticing the suspicious look Teresa had on her face. You gave your boyfriend's hand a squeeze, causing him to turn to you just like earlier "Well, you should start giving her the tour now, love. Be nice, alright?" you joked with a grin and he let out a small laugh.

You tiptoed and kissed his cheek as the rest of the Gladers started to disperse, waving at Moira as they left. "See you at the bonfire, Moira! Tell me if he bothers you, alright?" you wink at her then playfully stick your tongue out at Newt who jokingly rolls his eyes at you but laughs as he frees his hands from yours and starts to lead Moira through the Greenie Tour.

You joined your best friend as the both of you walked back to the Med-hut. You had a smile on your face. Greenie days always put a smile on your face and it was honestly all because of Newt. You loved seeing him give the greenies tours, he always took such great care of everyone. It reminded you of when he first gave you a tour, when you had fallen for him first.