Last Night

By: Mxze-rxunner
From: Tumblr

various people, and you felt your heart swell with affection as you looked at him.

“Y/N, do something about Minho, would ya?” You turned to see Alby frowning at the Keeper of the Runners. “Sure.” You replied with a smile, and headed over to Minho. “Alright, Min, that’s enough drink,” you started, grabbing the bottle out of his hand.

Minho tried to focus on you, a foolish smile on his lips. “You’re great, Y/N.” He slurred, and you put his arm over your shoulders and started helping him back to the Homestead. “You’re going straight to bed, you hear me?” You demanded, but Minho pulled away from you. “Y/N?”

You looked at him expectantly. “Minho?” He grinned at you with the air of someone about to reveal a big secret. “Will you be my girlfriend? I love you so much.”

For a second you couldn’t breathe. How long had wanted to hear those words for? How many days had you spent hopelessly wishing for him to ask? And tonight, of all nights? You realised Minho was still waiting for a response. Not a word left your mouth as you leant in to him.

Far too soon, you pulled away. Minho looked at you, confused. “You’re still drunk, Min. Go to sleep.” Minho laughed and grabbed your hand as you helped him into the Homestead.

-

The next day, you woke up, buzzing with happiness. It took you a moment to realise why, but then the events of last night came rushing back to you.

You jumped out of bed, grinning in delight, and hurried out of the Homestead to find Minho before he left to go in the Maze. You saw him eating some breakfast slowly, wincing at every loud noise and touching his head tenderly.

“Min!” You called out from across the Glade, and he waved lazily at you as you made your way over. He smiled as you sat down next o him, but a small frown crossed his face as you took his hand. “Are you feeling better this morning?” You asked, and Minho grunted by way of replying. You chuckled, and kissed his cheek, but pulled away when he grabbed your shoulders and looked at you seriously.

“Y/N, what are you doing?” He demanded, and you winced at his harsh words. “What do you mean?” You replied weakly, but Minho only stared at you like you were insane. “You just kissed me.” He said slowly, as if talking to a toddler. “Why would you do that?”

Tears pricked your eyes as you realised he had no recollection of the night before. “Don’t you remember?” You whispered. Minho’s blank face said it all. You jumped up and stumbled blindly away, the happiness you felt completely obliterated. Vaguely, you could hear him chasing after you, but ignored his shouts. “Y/N, what do you mean?” He asked gently, catching up with you easily.

A stabbing anger rushed through you, and you told him what had happened. Minho ran his fingers through his hair exasperatedly. “Shuck it, I’m never drinking again.” He growled, and you winced.

“Look, Y/N, I love you, okay? I was planning to tell you when we were both… um, well, not drunk, but I guess I can’t just pretend nothing happened. What I said last night, I meant.”

And just like that, the rushing happiness was back. Your eyes widened. “Really? You mean it?” Minho laughed and opened his arms wide, and you fell into them, happy and safe.

《¤》《¤》《¤》《¤》《¤》《¤》
IG | | typically.thomas