Anything for you

By: elleuhrveeem
From : Tumblr

“No, you see, this part’s a little different from yesterday’s maze,” you pointed out, turning the corner as you slowed down to a brisk walk with Minho at your side.

“It isn’t, (Y/N). Only that turn over there’s different but I remember this part,” Minho pointed at the distance where you could see a sharp left turn which you didn’t remember running.

“I don’t know, Minho. I don’t remember that and-”

“Sh, wait, stop.” Minho abruptly stopped in his tracks, making you stumble a little on your feet. He held a finger to his lips while the other hand reached back and lower torso to keep you from going forward.

“(Y/N), did you hear that?” Minho whispered, quickly glancing at you with eyes sharp and sure then back towards the distance.

“No, what’s goin-”

“There it was again.”

You strained to hear what it was Minho was referring to, yet in the pit of your stomach, something displeasing was brewing up at the thought that it might be what you feared most. You slowed your breathing down to the best that you could in hopes of hearing better without your heart pounding in your ear.

And there it was. A soft electrical whirr and clicks against the ground that came rhythmically with one after the other. Your stomach heaved upside down and you could feel the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end.

“Minho, where’s it coming from?” you mumbled as your voice shook in fear. You couldn’t help but reach out for Minho’s arm, wrapping your two hands around it.

Minho audibly swallowed as beads of cold sweat started forming at his temples and slowly trickling down his cheek.

“I-I can’t tell,” Minho replied.

Your necks were craned towards every possible corner that you could think of while in the back of your mind, you were already thinking of an escape plan - one for each corner that the Griever might come out from. Minho had trained you so hard that he broke you down to build you up again as a strong runner and you thought that you were good and prepared, having strayed from encounters with Grievers. But now that you were moments away from facing one, you realized that no amount of training could have ever prepared you for it. All you could do now, was to think of how to save yourselves.

A vine from the left turn ahead swung out from the wall from a small gust of wind with the barely audible rustle of leaves.

The whirrs had gotten louder and the clicks were coming right from that turn. This thought of yours was then confirmed when you saw a silver mechanical leg appear. Your breath caught in your throat as the Griever’s body came to full view. You didn’t waste another second.

“Minho, run!” you yelled.

At lightning speed, you and Minho, the two strongest runners, turned back and took off. You didn’t need to look back to know that the Griever was giving chase. Its metal legs were mercilessly pounding against the ground and ringing in your ear while your brain felt like it was split apart right in the middle.

“Minho, we have to split up!” you said, hoping that Minho could register what you were saying.

“I’m not leaving you to run alone, (Y/N)! Especially not now!” Minho replied without even looking at you. He didn’t need to. You could see the worry in his eyes amidst his panting.

“Minho, I’ve got a plan. It may just be our only way of getting out of this. Please,” you continued.

You were reaching the end of the corridor which split into left and right turns, one leading to Seven and the other to Three.