Im Not a Princess

By: Brodnravn
From: DeviantArt

You were in a box. Strange, cold box, which was going up. You tried to remember why you were in this... thing, but you couldn't. You couldn't say how old are you, what's your name, surname, you couldn't even say what's you eye color! You closed your eyes and tried to calm yourself down. You couldn't breathe, you were shaking because of cold, fear and shock. Why were you wet? Why were you so scared? So many questions and none answers. Why you didn't remember only things connected with yourself? It was so frustrating! And then, just like that, the box opened, and a boy jumped into the box. You raised your hands to defend yourself, he was holding... a spear? What the hell is this place?! What is going on?! Why I can't remember anything?! You were screaming in your mind, but didn't speak up. Boy seemed to be confused and surprised. But why?
"What's wrong Newt?" Someone asked above the box. You hid behind one of the packages.
"It's... It's a girl."
"Is she hot?"
"What's she look like?"
"How old is she?"
"I call dibs!"
"Nope, you don't! I saw her first!"
"You did not!"
"Shut the shuck up! I did!"
"Everybody, SHUT UP!" Someone shouted and everyone fell silent. "Newt, get her out of the box." Voice commanded, and blonde haired boy started to come closer to you. In desperation you took a small package and threw it at the British guy. When he didn't stop, you threw another. And another.
"Ow! Could you please, stop?" He laughed and tried to defend himself. You didn't response in words. Just threw another package.
„Enough!"
An Asian guy jumped into the box and glared at the British guy. You tried to hid behind another boxes and packages, but he grabbed your arm and got you out of the huge box. You hit the ground hard, you could swear you heard someone laughing. You quickly stood up and looked around. You were surrounded by teenage boys. They tried to touch you, they were laughing and saying something, but you didn't listen. You just kicked one of them and started to run to the exit. Well, you thought you were running to the exit, but you were running to the maze. You would reach it and probably died in the moment after the doors closing, but then you hit in something. Well, someone. The same Asian guy who helped you get out of the box run ahead and stopped opposite to you, so you fell on him. You were on top of him, but after a second, he was on top of you.
"Sorry greenie, I prefer the top." He smirked and gave you a weird gaze. You were looking at him for a few seconds, and then you realized his hand were on you chest.
"GET OFF ME YOU PERVERT!" You pushed him off yourself violently. You were stronger than you looked.
"Not only fast but strong as well? You would be a nice runner, greenie." He smirked again and stood up in the same moment you did. "You don't want to know where you are, who you are, why are you here?" You crossed your arms on your chest.
"I'm listening, pervert."
"Give us a chance, Alby will explain everything to you. Well, everything we can explain. Then you can run into the maze and die, if you will still want it. Deal?" He stretched out his hand to you. You didn't stretched yours.
"Deal. But touch me again and I will bite your hands off, you pervert." You threatened, and he laughed.
"I'm Minho. Not pervert." He said.
"I don't care what's your name. You ARE a pervert."

After a tour Alby gave you, you decided to explore tha Glade on your own. On a tour with Alby you couldn't ask about anything, you had to follow him and he didn't stop even for a shuking minute, so you couldn't take a closer look to anything. Soon the light dissapeard and Gladers made a bonfire. You were really shy, you only knew few names and that's all, so you sat in the shadow and just stayed there, staring at the maze. Boys were fighting in the circle, some of them danced, sang, but you didn't know who exactly. You sighed and tried to calm yourself down. You still didn't know your own name it was frustrating. Who put you here? Why? Who you were, who everyone in the Glades was? You needed answers. But you had none. You sighed and sneaked out to Chuck, Alby said he will show you where you will sleep.
"Well, Minho agreed to give you his hammock for day or two. Come, I'll show you where it is." When he did, you thanked him and went to sleep. Well, you wanted to sleep. But you couldn't. Everytime you closed your eyes, you had a nightmare. One, realistic, weird nightmare. Someone was watching you, while you were drowning. You were drowning and you couldn't help it, you were dying. And then this scene dissapeard and another one showed up. You were in the maze. You were running fast and trying to survive. A weird machine, or a creature was following you, trying to kill you. And it did. It pierced your stomach and pulled you up, then threw you on the wall and let you bleed out in pain. And it ended, and the scene with drowning showed up. All over again, you were having this nightmare.
"Hey, you okey?" Someone touched you arm and woke you up. It was Minho. He seemed worried.
"Yes... I'm sorry if I woke you up." You mumbled. "I just had a nasty nightmare, that's it."
"You want to talk about it?"
"No." You responded quickly. "Thanks, but no."
"Greenie, you're crying. And shaking. You sure don't want to talk, or something else?" You bit your lip.
"If... if you don't mind... could you lie next to me, and wake me up if I'll have that nightmare again?" He didn't respond. It was such a stupid idea! Of course he wouldn't... And then, just like that, he lay down next to you in the hammock. It wasn't an easy task, but he made it. You snuggled into his chest, well, against your own will. You had to if you didn't want to fell over the hammock.
"Okey, princess, now sleep." He said looking at you. "Green bean, you are blushing. That's adorable." He laughed softly and kissed your cheek. "Sweet dreams." He mumbled and closed his eyes, right after he hugged you. You closed your (y/e/c) eyes and tried to fall asleep. After a moment, just when you relized you remember your name, you sighed.
"I'm not a princess... I'm (Y/N)." And you fell asleep.