Tears, tears and more tears

"Hermione." Said a sharp voice from not so far away. The 7 years old, short-highted, rather clever looking little girl ran to see her father who was lying on the bed and had recently suffered from a car accident. She placed his tea on his bedside and arranged the pillows below his feet to keep him in a comfortable position. Tears were filling her eyes as she looked at her fathers state and she ran to hug him but he pushed her away disgustedly. Hermione didn't look astonished but she seemed heart-broken when her father refused her love. "Daddy, you always give Draco hugs why not me?" Her father frowned before saying "Draco has proved himself helpful, he's my only son and I'm rather blessed to have him." Hermione sniffed "Don't you remember daddy? When thieves broke into our house and I was the one who got them out by doing mag- I mean I... you know... i j-just blasted them by getting angry? so I'm also helpful r-right?"
For once, she wished she hadn't said that. Her dad straightened up and bellowed in the most terrifying voice "I HAVE TOLD YOU THERE IS NOTHING SUCH AS MAGIC. THAT WAS A MIRACLE! GET..OUT!"
Hermione ran out quickly tears escaping her eyes, she suddenly bumped into her brother "I'm sorry, I wasn't looking" she said rubbing off tears. Draco looked at her sternly. "Me and Dad are going to a dinner tonight so when we come back we want to see the whole house in perfect order and our beds made as well"
"Oh" said Hermione "right. Just take daddy's wheelchair.. although if you ask me, you shouldn't exert daddy so much he's already not very well you know."
Draco narrowed his eyes "if I would want your opinion I would have asked for it. Now go"
"Yes yes I'm going" Hermione said. Then added nervously. "please Draco, could you give me a couple of dollars I would love to go to the bookstore and get a new book. It keeps me busy. I love to read"
Draco laughed "you really think I would give you my money to spend on foolish books?"
"Oh please Dra..." she was interrupted by a sharp slap on her cheek. She ran away quickly trying to stop herself from crying.
When she reached her room she threw herself on the bed.
She thought to herself
"Was this life? Getting tortured to tears by those who you care about the most?"
She did all the chores she was appointed to do by her brother, while dreaming of all she could do if she understood and had control over her powers. She badly wanted to join her family for dinner but all she had to eat was some bread and a slice of cheese, while her family ate good food.
Her eyes suddenly caught a snake crawling in the garden outside her window. She opened the window on realising that the snake wanted to say something. She was absolutely astonished when the snake said "hi"
Hermione said shakingly "w-what are you? Am I t-talking to a s-snake?"
The snake nodded before saying "Yes, little girl. I have been watching you. Remember, you're worthy of much more than this."
With that the snake crawled away.
Hermione fell on the bed, not believing her eyes. "I knew there was something. I always did. I'll tell daddy when he comes back" she thought
A few hours later, she heard a knock on the door and went to open it. Her brother was standing, holding his fathers chair. She quickly dragged the wheelchair in her fathers room and helped him get on the bed.
Then she began "Daddy, I wanted to say something. When you were away I talked to a s-snake. I know it's weird but the snake was talking to me it really was! D-daddy you believe me right? I think I can do m-magic and-"
Her father stared at her before speaking calmly "there is no such thing as magic. Go to your room before I get angry and never lie to me again or I'll give you a lesson! Your brother never lied! Take his example!"
Hermione walked to her room and closed her eyes.

She had to do something. On her own.