Asgard

It was a beautiful sunny morning, the morning of the 6th of July. Hermione's birthday. The previous week was very boring and she had been looking forward to the 6th of July so that she could leave. The door opened and Draco entered; he didn't have the cruel look on his face and seemed to have a sympathising look instead. He sat on her bed and placed a tray with a cup of coffee, bacon and eggs.
Hermione was very surprised, for the past few days she had just been receiving water and bread for breakfast, today for a change her favourite breakfast had arrived for her.
Draco sat at the corner of her bed and wished her happy birthday. His tone was unusually quite calm and quiet, and Hermione liked the change.
"Thank You Draco" she said in a clear voice
Draco's lips quivered and he smiled slightly, before pulling out a book from his jacket's pocket. He handed it to Hermione.
She looked at it for a couple of seconds and then to Draco and beamed at him thankfully.
He left the room without another word.
Meanwhile Hermione had been looking over the book she was gifted by her brother.

The whole day was spent reading her new book and practising spells with her wand.
It was finally midnight, and Hermione made her plans to leave. She packed some clothes and the little amount of money she had in her savings. She put on a plain black shirt with blue jeans and a belt and white sneakers.

She rolled up the map and kept her wand in her hand, in case she needed it. She had difficulty finding the bus stop where she had to go to catch the train to The Training Hut. She finally reached and looked up at the sign which said 'Asgard'
So that was the name, she thought to herself.
She looked up at the beautiful huge building which wasn't at all like her expectations. The building was nicely furnished with red curtains and big windows, the door stood open at a distance and a red carpet lay on the doorstep.
Hermione entered the building. She had been expecting it to be a small hut but it was definitely not a hut.
On entering, she met a pretty woman who showed her to the Great Hall. It was extraordinarily huge and everyone was seated on tables in it. She stood still for a moment, not knowing where to go, when she heard a loud voice
"Welcome everyone! Welcome to another year of hard training, fun and excitement. As most of you might know. I am Harold, your headmaster. Newcomers please gather in-front of the stage. You will be assorted to your groups shortly."
Hermione joined the crowd in-front of the stage, starting to get nervous.
Harold continued "Group 1 is for beginners. Group 13 is the last group and that is for the fully trained witches and wizards. Your groups will go up depending on your skills. If they do not meet expectations, you will be sent home. Any kind of misbehaviour or theft is forbidden in our school. I will call you one by one to assort you to your groups. First up, ETHAN"
A pretty girl got up and walked to the stage, biting her lip. She was seated on a chair and a hat was placed on her head. After a few seconds, The hat called out "GROUP 7"
The crowd cheered as the girl went to join some other girls in year seven who looked much older than her.
"Hillary!"
A pale, tall girl walked up, rather shyly and sat down. Few minutes later the hat called out "GROUP 1"
The crowd booed, and Hermione felt even more nervous. What if she was assorted in group 1? What if the hat said she isn't good enough and she had to go home and face her family?
"Next up, Hermione!"
He crowd cheered very loudly as Hermione climbed the stairs to sit on the chair.
The hat felt loose on her head and it made humming sounds and sang, "Hermione, Hermione, where do I put youuu-uuuuu"
Hermione controlled her laugh, at the funny voice of the hat.
"GROUP 7"
The hat called out.
Hermione went quickly to join Ethan and the rest.