Quidditch

As they walked out of class, Hermione describing exactly how much she hated Snape and that boy sitting next to her.
Ethan laughed and said, "it's Cole that's his name stop addressing him as 'the boy' it gets confusing. I'm so surprised how you have the guts to be calling Professor Snape by his name on your first day at this school. Oh! See, the scores of defending have been put up lets go check them out. I suppose Dean, the boy with the pig patronus will be sent home. His patronus was the weakest"
They ran to the board where many people had already been crowded. A tall Mrs.Hoyce pushed her way in.
"Children" she said in a cracked voice, "these are the scores for your first lesson. Every month a board like this will be put up! At the end of three months a leader will be announced who will remain for three more months, understand?"
No one replied, instead everyone pushed their way through to have a closer look at the board. Hermione had come second. Ethan had come third, and no one was sent home but Dean was sent to group 5.
"What a shame Dean!"
"Two 8 year old girls past me in the league!"
"Seamus came first as usual! He's the oldest"
"It's alright Dean!"
"Hermione came second and I kind of expected that after all her mom was the greatest witch!"
Everyone was gathered Infront of the board and talking loudly and high fiving.
Ethan and Hermione walked to the Quidditch pitch.
They were made to stand in rows with a broomstick on their sides.
A woman came in and introduced herself, "I am Madam Hooch, everyone will have to put their hand above their broom and say up!"
Hermione tried hers but it didn't come up she tried thrice but the broom didn't twitch. She watched Ethan who was now holding her broom in her hand and grinning all over, while everyone else struggled to get their brooms up. Hermione watched as many more boys and girls also got their brooms and only Hermione was left. She soon got it and then Madam Hooch walked to each one, "Very well done Ethan, George if you would have said louder it would work better. Very good Seamus." She called two more names and told them to meet her at the Quidditch pitch at 2pm the next day.
Hermione was disappointed when she wasn't chosen but still appreciated Ethan and together they walked back to their dormitory.