The first day

"Wake up! It's 10! We will get late for our first lesson!" Ethan's voice called.
Hermione sat up, rubbing her eyes. "Is it already? I'll put on my robes and we can go what lesson is it?"
"Defending, according to the timetable, we will be taught how to defend ourselves"
Hermione got out of bed and got ready in a hurry. Half an hour later, the two friends were on their way to class. Hermione felt excited, but nervous at the same time.
When they reached the class they sat on tables next to each other and took out their wands and books.
A tall, burly man entered with a bunch of books and a wand on top.
"Hello everyone. Welcome, welcome! So... Raise your hands if you are new."
Hermione, Ethan and another short girl where the only ones.
"Only 3? You people are eight while the rest are 13, but nothing to worry about! I will go slowly so that everyone understands and no one is left behind. Very well then, before I begin let me tell you a bit about this subject. First of all, my name is Edward Collins as most of you must know, you will address me and all the other teachers as Professor. Now take out your books and open to page number 13, casting a patronus charm. Most of you will have a different patronus from the rest. Mine is a skull, stand up and face me"
Everyone stood up and held their wands in their hands.
Professor Collins pointed his wand Infront and shouted "Expecto Patronum!"
Hermione was so fascinated to see a skull come out from the end of his wand that she couldn't wait to do it herself.
Professor Collins Called everyone up one by one.
First up was a short highted kid, he tried the same as Professor Collins did but his result wasn't as good. The wand did not let out anything but after some tries a tiny pig popped out, and vanished after a second. The class broke into laughter and the boy turned red and returned to his place.
Hermione walked up next and did the same as Professor Collins. Smoothly, and perfectly a stag escaped the tip of Hermione's wand and almost immadietly the class started to clap and cheer, before Professor Collins waved his hand to make them quiet.
Then he spoke, "A stag. That was the patronus of your mom. I am very impressed at how you performed your patronus for a beginner. You may go"
Hermione beamed at him and went to her place where she was greeted by Ethan with a high five and appreciation.
Hermione was very glad to have someone by her side who would actually encourage her unlike her father who would always remain negative. Ethan was all friendly, appreciative and encouraging. Hermione smiled as she put her arm around Ethan while they walked to their other class.