Chapter 23: Decisions

Grayson's POV

I stood up in shock as the front door closed.

I didn't even know what to say.

I saw her through the window.

Tears streaming down her face as she walked off into the fog.

I was so baffled. Girls can't resist me. But Jake told me that I can't let a stupid girl get in the way of my life.

Why should I be strung up on one girl when I have others falling at my feet?

Then I was taken out of my thoughts by Ethan's voice.

"It's sad really" he said shaking his head, looking down at his feet.

"What is" I asked.

"It's sad how you drive away the one girl who wants a real relationship and not just a hookup" he said, sighing.

"Girls don't want me for just hookups." I said defiantly.

"Ok then" he said looking at the walls "which girl were you planning on making your girlfriend"

"Well those were just-" I said but he cut me off.

"You sure have a lot to choose from." He said "you've had quite the number of hookups this month...more then you've ever had in you whole life"

"Watch it E" I warned.

"Watch yourself Gray." He said stepping closer to me " who are you? You've changed so much and you don't even realize it"

"No I hav-" he cut me off again

"I just glad that Tati realized it before she fell for your tricks" he said turning the front door handle and grasping his phone "now if you'll excuse me...I'm going to go find Tati, because I actually care about her feelings" 
(Wow sis really snapped🤧)

What he said left a pain in my chest. Not sharp medical pain, but the pain of a heartbreak.

Ethan's POV

As I walked out of my front door, I picked up my phone to call Tati.

No answer.

I looked around. The fog was shifting, making it harder for me to see.

But then I saw her. Sitting on her steps.

Sobbing.

I ran over and sat next to her.

She immediately hugged me as I sat down.

"It's just so hard." She said.

"What is" I replied, hugging back.

"I love him, I crave him, I want him. But it's just too toxic" she said in between sobs "I just don't know what to do anymore"

I wiped a tear from her cheek. "It'll get better" I said "eventually"

Grayson's POV

I looked out the window again, watching Ethan.

He looked around, then jogged to Tatiana's front steps.

The he sat and embraced her as she heavily cried.

Then it all hit me.

I have changed. I'm hurting her.

Jack and Jake are my best friends, they wouldn't try to change me.....right?

Then the phone rang.