13 ˎˊ˗

[ A/N : as always, full italic sentences are thoughts

[ A/N : as always, full italic sentences are thoughts. regular italic words are for emphasis. if you're ever confused about anything, don't be afraid to ask! thank you! enjoy~ ]

Now Natsu was no fucking genius but anyone could tell something was up with her brothers that evening when they ate dinner.

No one said a word, silently eating their clam chowder. It was slowly and painfully churning at her soul. Tsubaki hadn't pulled her chair from under her like he regularly did on ordinary evenings. Yusuke and Fuuto didn't make the usual snarky comment. What the actual fuck was going on? Everybody was giving her pitying looks, and she didn't like it, one single bit. She didn't need their fucking sympathy- or empathy, whichever the fuck one it was. Not now, of all times. Definitely not now; if she couldn't count on them before, no way would she ever consider counting on them now. 

Fuck, the host club had gained a higher trust and respect than they did, and she only met them about a month or two ago! And she knew this family for over five years.

"Thanks for the meal," she half-slurs her words, standing up abruptly. Every single pair of eyes dart to her as she cleans up her area efficiently, well aware of the holes being burnt into her skull. Stop looking at me, dammit.

Once the girl leaves the dining room (very suspicious of her brothers) and they can hear her door shut closed, everyone releases their breath. "Why were we quiet?" Yusuke questions, huffing. He didn't know why he played along. "Why were we all looking at Natsu?"

Masaomi, Ukyo, the twins, Fuuto, and Subaru all exchange a look, to which Fuuto only shrugs. Subaru shakes his head no. At least he knew how to respect others' privacy. Everyone else watched the exchange silently, wondering what the absolute hell was going on. And Yusuke was getting impatient. "Spit it out already," he frowned irritated, crossing his arms, "What is it?"

The men shared one last look- and if Natsu was there she would scream no no No nO NO-

"So, I'm sure you all must have figured it out- but if you didn't- Apparently, Natsu has insomnia," Masaomi announced solemnly. 

It was silent for a while before Yusuke lets out a "Hah? You kiddin' me?"

Ema, on the other hand gasped, horror evident on her features. "How did this happen to her?!"