23 ˎˊ˗

[ first of all, i just want to say i'm very VERY sorry for the abomination i have created. thank you

and uhh warning ! shit gets scary! or well, at least, i think it did ]

WEEK 1, DAY 5

She can't stay in there for any longer, Ema decides. It's deeply concerning. Natsu has not come out of her room for four days. Granted, a human can survive three weeks without food but four days is not healthy either way. What really concerns Ema is that the brothers are doing nothing about it. When she asked that afternoon, Masaomi said he needed "time to himself." It wasn't very believable. Correction: It wasn't believable at all.

She marched into Ukyo's office that day with a newfound conviction.

"Ukyo-nii," Ema pleaded, determination in her voice. Her gaze was unwavering. She wouldn't take no for an answer. "I'm worried about Natsu's health. He hasn't come out of his room for four days. We need to take him out right now."

The said blond lawyer looked up from his desk, of which had documents and papers strewn all over it. Ema guessed that he must've been dealing with a new case. Ukyo gave her a warm smile. "I'm sorry, what were you saying? I couldn't hear you."

Ema doesn't reciprocate.

"I said," she says again through gritted teeth and tight lips, "I'm worried about Natsu's well-being. At this rate, he must be thin as a stick. I don't care if he wants to lock himself up in his room, he needs to get out of there and eat."

"I'm sure he's fine," Ukyo dismissed, not looking up from his paper that was oh-so important right now. An action that made Ema bite the inside of her mouth to refrain from doing something she'd regret later. "It's best if we just leave him alone."

"No, we need to go now! He's drowning in his own sick and depression, for goodness sake!" Ema cried, getting increasingly frustrated and desperate, "We must fish him out. It's almost like- almost like..."

Ema gasps. "Kodokushi*." The last word comes out of her mouth in a breathy whisper. It's low and quiet, but there's no way Ukyo can ignore it.

"You think it's that serious?" Ukyo furrows his brows. Ema nods, refusing to back down. He looks at her warily. "Well... if it's that important to you, then I guess it can be possible."