24 ˎˊ˗

WEEK 1, DAY 6

The anger, pain, and sadness Natsu felt from the nights before have subsided into a dull throb. It doesn't hurt much as it did before— the physical and emotional pain.

That doesn't mean her brothers aren't assholes though.

The days just kind of zip by. The girl still refuses to leave her room. All she does is sleep, eat, and— well, sleep some more. Natsu doesn't bother to check her phone, it has been long discarded on the floor. The reason for this, these unknown numbers keep on spamming her, of which she is 100% sure is Shoko. She probably bought burner phones and spammed Natsu with them, switching to another number once they were blocked. There are also worried texts from Yuka, who has asked about her whereabouts.

Natsu ignores them all.

[ YUKA 😬 ]

Hey Natsu, you haven't been coming to school for the past week, are you okay?

Please answer

The friend group is like super worried

I'll go talk to Shoko about this, I swear

Speaking of Shoko, have you seen her? She stopped coming to school many weeks ago actually

I didn't bring it up because I didn't want to.. stress you out, you know.

what happened to her?

please reply please I'm scared for both of you

[ READ ]

Her thumb hovers over the block button.

She shouldn't do it— Yuka was the only person she knew well enough to be considered a friend anyway.

The hours pass. It's kind of hard to fall asleep, but she's not complaining because she has all day to sleep.

Natsu doesn't even bother with the schoolwork at this point. Was this what people called a "mid-life crisis?" She was way too young for this.

It's not a healthy lifestyle, and they all know it. Subaru always arrives at her room, tray in hand. She always tells him to leave it at her door, and when she's sure no one is around, Natsu finally opens her door and brings the food in. Maybe he doesn't know, but she'll always be grateful to him. Today's dinner was chicken kaarage on rice. Leave it to Ukyo to make good food. He might've been a dick, but at least his cooking was decent. Before she knows it, the food is gone and her dirty plate is left on her desk. Another one for the pile.

It's been five— five long days since she left her room. She leaves each dirty plate on her desk. Where else can she put them? Actually, there's a stack of dirty dishes on her desk, with dried specks of food and whatnot on them. They've accumulated over the course of five days, and they're starting to bother her now. She hasn't bothered to bring the dishes down yet. No one's really offered to, yet. And Natsu doesn't want to leave her room.

Well, she does.

She just doesn't want to speak to either of her brothers, is all.