18 ˎˊ˗

[ A/N: i think i just turned brothers conflict into a horror movie. SHIT GOES FROM 1 TO 100 REAL QUICK JUST SO YOU KNOW

MATURE THEMES, WHICH IS WHY BIASED IS NOW RATED MATURE

( Editor Rebel: THERE IS A FAIR SHARE OF THINGS THAT COULD BE TRIGGERING SO PROCEED WITH CAUTION. ) ]

"Darn, we're out of eggs and milk," Ukyo murmured, who was previously rummaging through the fridge. The blond man pulled out an empty carton of milk and eggs. "How in the world am I going to prepare breakfast tomorrow?"

Ema, who was doing her homework on the couch, looked in his direction. "I can run to the grocery store to get some milk and eggs for you tomorrow if you would like, Ukyo-nii. I just need to finish my last math question."

Ukyo looked relieved. "Really? Thank you, Ema. I would go but I need to make dinner. Oh, make sure to pick up some apples and baby carrots for Wataru."

Natsu looked up from her spot. Like Ema, she too, was on the couch, making little paper stars out of leftover binder paper. Juli, who sat on the coffee table, seemed to have a surprising interest in them, holding and examining them. For the last few days, after she had her lunch with Hikaru, Natsu experimented with her hair, tying it up in several different hairstyles. Yesterday she had it up in a cute ponytail, but today it was styled in a half-ponytail, her hair brushing her shoulders. And she wasn't gonna lie; Natsu loved it.

"I can go with her," Natsu offered with an eager smile, setting another star down (to Juli's delight), "I heard the convenience store is selling a new type of aloe vera drink! Mango flavor!!"

Ukyo shrugged. "Do what you want." He walked over to Ema and handed her a 2000 yen bill. "Remember to buy extra, okay?"

Natsu gave him an okay sign. Grabbing her phone and house keys, she went outside where Ema waited. The brunette was ready, money in hand. Slipping on her black sneakers, the girl joined Ema. "Yo, Ema! Are you ready to go?"

"Yep. Let's go, then," Ema smiled, Juli resting on her shoulder. Strangely enough, he was still holding onto one of the paper stars. It was kind of endearing. The two (ahem- three) left the neighborhood. The grocery store was only about a 15-minute walk away, which wasn't bad. Ema and Natsu walked leisurely, talking about the things that crossed their minds, blissfully unaware of the figure the paced behind them.

. . .