10 ˎˊ˗

In the end, she couldn't sleep that night. Natsu tossed and turned around throughout the night, unable to sleep. She had guessed that she couldn't sleep on an empty stomach because her stomach was screaming for her to get something to eat. Of course, after a midnight snack at like 3 am in the morning (which consisted of cheese cubes and applesauce; don't ask), she would expect to fall asleep right after.

And yet still she found herself in a piss-ass mood, barely being able to get a wink in.

The girl picked up her phone, turning it on to check for any notifications. A barrage of notifications popped up on the screen, one after another, prompting her to click on them. Thank god she put her phone on silent. Someone had texted er? It was an unknown number. She hadn't given her number away recently, so who...? 

[ X-XXX-XXX-XXXX ]

i love you love me back.

I THINK ABOUT YOU EACH NIGHT

i love you 

FUCK YOU I HATE YOU

I'm sorry i wasn't feeling alright i love you.

I'LL KILL YOU

ITS BECAUSE OF HER RIGHT THATS WHY YOU DONT LOVE ME

That was... unsettling, to say the least. She quickly deleted the messages, shrugging them off. Somebody out there was having a bad day. They were probably just messing around. Definitely.

The ravenette glared at her alarm clock, cursing at it in her mind for waking her up from the very little sleep she had. It was too early for this. And on a Monday, too! After slipping on her gakuran uniform, she begrudgingly trudged her tired ass downstairs. She was too tired to make a stop at the convenience store; she'd probably collapse before she reached the place. At least when she was riding the metro train with Yusuke and Ema and Fuuto, she'd get to take a nap, given there be any empty seats.

As usual, Ema was up early to help Ukyo, bright and peppy despite it being so fucking early. The brunette was busy setting the table, as usual, humming this overly cheery tune which was now getting on her nerves. Don't get her wrong, Ema was nice, maybe too nice, and she meant well, but something about her today made Natsu a little put off. She was just a big ball of sunshine- wait, no- that wasn't the right word. Ema was a nice girl, a bit mellow, but still optimistic and peppy. She was like a... mildliner. Not exactly as bright and loud as a highlighter, more mellow. Exactly, a mildliner.

Noticing the lethargic girl who had just reached the bottom of the stairs, Ema paused in her job to send her a wave, "Good morning, Natsu-chan, I mean- kun!" Noticing Natsu's disheveled look, a few locks of hair twisted astray and deep circles under her eyes, the brunette almost dropped the fork she was holding. "Er... are you alright?"