14 ˎˊ˗

"Son of a bitch!" Natsu screeches, jolting at the voice.

The scalding hot tea in her mug violently sloshes out and lands on her right hand. It burns. The feeling sets her nerves on fire, as if lava were flowing through her veins. It's painful, and she drops her mug on the table with a loud bang. Natsu lets out a pained yelp, clutching her wrist and darting to the kitchen sink to splash some cold water over her burn. She doesn't stop to see who the hell it was that wanted to so badly scare her.

"I am so sorry, Natsu! Oh my go- Are you okay?!" Natsu would be rolling her eyes if she weren't in so much pain. Does it look like she's okay?

Judging from the voice, she can tell that it's Iori. His voice was panicked, which was verry unlike him considering that the guy was always level-headed. It must've been an accident, it must've been. Iori wasn't one to pull pranks like Tsubaki, Yusuke, or Fuuto did. Unlike the others, he wasn't that bad to be around.

"Get the first aid kit. Third cabinet on top to your left," Natsu demanded, not facing him. She doesn't hear his footsteps move yet. "Go! " This time she has to yell to get his attention.

"Oh! That's right! S-sorry," Iori mutters, snapping out of his daze. Natsu hears his feet shuffle near her. She redirects her attention to her burning hand. It feels slightly better, only slightly under the cold running water. The back of her right hand is all red and it stung like hell. She can hear Iori set the first aid kit beside her on the countertop.

Taking the kit with her free hand, Natsu brings it to the dining table, with Iori following blindly after her like a little duckling would behind its mother. He sits beside her, opening the kit and shuffling through its contents. The boy fishes around before he finds what he's looking for, the antiseptic ointment. Natsu snatches the packet out of his grasp and rips it open. The ointment gives her temporary relief. It's clear and oily, though she doesn't mind as she continues to spread it across the back of her hand.

She takes a roll of bandages from the kit and starts to wrap it around her wrist. "Here, let me help," Iori offers, slowly reaching out a hand towards her.

Natsu jerked away, making sure to keep her injured hand far away from his grasp. "Hell no! Get the fuck away from me!"

He looks like a feral, wounded animal, hurting but refusing any help, Iori can't help but think. Scratching and hissing at the hand that wants to help her. It's painful to watch as she tries to bandage her burn with her left hand, her non-dominant one, with much difficulty.