25 ˎˊ˗

WEEK 1, DAY 6

It's morning, sunlight breaching through her curtains.

A great time to be philosophical.

Natsu doesn't know why she's still trying to isolate herself from her brothers, locking her up inside her room. Maybe it's dumb. Maybe it's petty of her, extremely petty, but— Maybe, somewhere deep inside of her, Natsu wants to hear someone say sorry. Just once. She won't need anything more after that, she swears. Admitting that to herself, it sounds super fucked up, but she can't really help it. Is it really that bad, just to hear the words sorry leave her brothers' lips instead?

"I-I'm sorry... Ukyo-nii, for breaking the shelf..."

"I apologize to my classmate, Furuya Shigeru, and his parents, for attacking him and breaking his nose. I sincerely apologize."

"I swear, I did nothing wrong! I- I didn't do anything... I'm— sorry."

"I'm sorry, everybody, for splitting up with Ema, and injuring her. I never— I never meant for any of this to happen."

It's insanely stupid and selfish of her, but for once, Natsu just wants to hear the word sorry. Just once, and they'll never have to say it again. Maybe that's the reason why she hasn't set foot outside her room yet, because she won't until the brothers come upstairs and apologize with their foreheads against the door— but that would be impossible. We are so sorry, Natsu. We were wrong. Please forgive us. That's all she ever wanted. Just once. She wouldn't ask for anything else.

A knock at the door wrecked her train of thoughts. She clambered to it, swaddled in her blanket. She hasn't left her bed unless it was to eat.

The person knocked on the door again. Was it Subaru? No, he already stopped by. Either way— if it wasn't Subaru or Ema, she would refuse to open the door and look any of them in the eye. For now, at least. Grabbing a notepad off the floor, she hastily scribbled a message onto a page, ripped it out, and slid it under the door. Yeah, maybe she was petty.

Who is it? the paper read in messy, rushed kanji.

"It's me... It's Louis." He sounds very tired and drained, Natsu noted.

Tired eyes narrowed. Let's get this over with. What could he possibly want? Cue another silence, then Natsu sent another piece of paper over. What are you doing? You're supposed to pass it back. Both of them.