21 ˎˊ˗

[ A/N: HEY I'M BACK! howdy i'm sorry for the long hiatus,, enjoy the chapter

also i want you guys to know that you WEREN'T the reason i went on hiatus. i just needed time for myself. ^^ ]

Ema liked to think she had the patience of a saint.

After Ema was patched up by Masaomi, Louis, and Iori, she was immediately brought to her bedroom, leaving no room to protest.

"You must let me through," Ema demanded from the trio, who were blocking the door leading out of her room. "It's not fair, the way you're treating Natsu! I must see him!"

Masaomi shook his head. "You can't— you just broke your arm and you need to rest. Don't worry about him right now. What matters is your physical health."

"What about Natsu's physical health? What about his mental health? What about him? Why is it never about him?" Ema persisted, quickly losing her patience, "Masaomi-niisan, as much as I love you all, you must let me through this instant. Natsu matters much more than my health right now. So, let. Me. Through."

Why did they like to test her limits?

The three older brothers remained silent, refusing to budge, exchanging mixed looks for a few seconds. Ema watched their interaction, growing increasingly frustrated as the seconds ticked by. "Fine, be that way," she narrowed her eyes. Refusing to waste any more time, the brunette roughly barged through the wall that was Masaomi, Louis, and Iori, rushing downstairs.

The brothers remained still, shocked at Ema's sudden change in character. Masaomi and Iori left to chase after Ema, and Louis was about to turn to leave as well, when Juli called out to him. "Louis. We need to talk," The little squirrel motioned inside the room, ushering the hairdresser to come in.

He stayed, looking down on the grey squirrel who was perched on Ema's desk. "Look," Juli started, "None of this was Natsu's fault. He couldn't change anything. Do you believe me?"

Louis looked conflicted. He stayed silent before regaining his composure. "Yes, I believe you."

"Natsu did his best under his circumstances, and even though he was terrified out of his mind, he managed to keep us alive. So what does that say? I know full well that none of us are capable of protecting Ema better than him. Not even me. Not you, not definitely not any of those wolves downstairs." Juli admitted, his face tense.