1.Long awaited assurance

Standing behind the door of study i was constantly ranting.....Should I really have to talk about him? He isn't that important to talk about maybe? But It was long awaited. I had been practicing the dialogues for years. This moment has been awaited for a while now..... But what if it provokes him? You are dead girl. Still i can not wait any longer. It's better for myself anyway.
Reciting ayat ul kursi(prayer) and putting all the if's and but's aside, i opened the door of study with crossed fingers, where baba was surrounded by God-knows-how-many books reading one of those books in that calmest place.

Knocking at the door i asked "Can i come in if i'm not here on a wrong time, baba? "
"Yes beta! sure come in" assured baba.

And wow i was out of words...again! Talking to baba about any serious topic has always been a thing for me. Although this didn't seem a serious topic but to me...it was! It was gonna create a lot of awkwardness if i wont talk about it.
I was yet again blabbering in my mind when i heard baba "what happened Amal? You look nervous. Do you again need permission to go to any of your friend's house? Look its a NO this time. It's already been three times you went out with your friends this month and you..."
Agh not again, He was in the middle of humiliating me when i finally spoke "Ufoo baba! I'm not going anywhere this time. I just want to talk to you about something"
Baba seemed satisfied and inquird, "okay. About what?"

Confronting baba while talking about HIM wasn't easy so i immidiately lowered my gaze and taking a deep breath which was much needed i spoke, "You know...Saira aunty is coming tomorrow. And... so will he. I just wanted to talk to you about that" and slightly peeked him to ensure that i'm not gonna die in this study. I could only listen "Go on"

It's been 6 years i had not talk to baba about him. And the last time me and baba had a talk about him was me all embarrassed, promising baba to not talk about him or think of him again. But also it's been 6 years we haven't met. He never came to Pakistan after that. And tomorrow he was coming. And i didn't want our encounter to be as awkward as it could be. I didn't want to look an idiot in front of him who got scared of her parents.

I started "Baba i dont know from where to start. I just want to assure you that the day you forbided me to think about him was indeed the last day i thought about him. 6 years have passed and i spent all these years trying to keep my promise and gain your trust. I now know how it feels like to loose the trust of parents. And how it feels like.... to gain it all over again. It has been difficult but i hope i did that, finally"
With a slight pause i looked at baba who was carefully listening to every word i was finally able to utter.
Watching me pause and feeling the fear in my voice he calmly said, "I'm listening"
I continued "Look baba, speaking frankly.....i'm over him. You really dont need to worry about me. He's coming tomorrow. I dont want you and mama to keep pampering me like before and let me face him as a normal person. He is nothing but just a cousin for me now. And just like you can meet your cousins and mama can meet her cousins, very normally, awkwardlessly, I want to be given permission to meet him greet him just like that, without hesitation. I'm mature enough, am i not?"

Baba looked normal and with a touch of smile on his face stated "I know you tried hard to gain our trust but let me tell you that it was harder for us, being your parents. We were more hurt than you were. But anyways why talk about bad things when we have a lot of good things to talk about? "
I did not understand what good thing he's talking about so i confusedly asked "what good things?"

Baba spoke, "good things that i am proud of you. WE are proud of you Amal. So enjoy your permission. But use it well"
Listening to baba saying that they were proud of me always made me feel like i was on the top of the world. Plus the permission OH MY GOD. Allah jee thankyouuu!!!

I immidiately stood and gave the tightest hug to baba and thanked him as much as i could. I WAS HAPPY. Alhumdulillah!!
After flattering baba alot, i asked him for tea and went jumping to the kitchen to make it for him.
Ahh Baba, the most important person of my life. Every girl loves her father but mine is a special addition for sure. Okay he's strict, oh hell strict but well that's what Fathers are and should be! I can do anything for him. And i have actually DONE that anything for him to reach this level.

Soon my attention got diverted to the excitement of tomorrow. Saira aunty was coming tomorrow and now i could say that my excitement level was on peek. I was gonna meet everyone after 6 years. Wow.

×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×

Author's note :

Assalam o alikum to all my pretty readers :)

Firstly, it's my first time writing a story so the start may contain bad vocabulary and grammatical mistakes but i promise i'm improving steadily. So if you liked the PLOT, do give a read to the next chappies as well😉I'm confident about them❤
Moreover, I would love to know your opinions and thoughts about whatever i write.

Secondly, the story is going to be a mixture of past and present events and i will try my best that none of you face any difficulty in reading and understanding anything. Still, if you have any confusion... I'm just a click away ;)

Published on: 29-6-18 7:00pm