19.In the middle

Author's note:
Assalam o alikum. A quick update this time on someone's special request 😉❤
For the dearest readers who were missing Daniyal sm, here's a treat but i'm afraid i can't call it a 'treat'. Yeah spoiler alert :p
The following chapter in from the perspective of Daniyal. Avoid mistakes as doing justice with this chapter isn't easy🙉i tried my best.

×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×

[DANIYAL]

With a dizzy head and a much heavy body, it felt like i was waking up after a non-stop, unresisted and long sleep. My eyes were lifting a giant weight and my mouth was ridiculously dry. It really felt like i was on a drug or something, but whatever it was....it was weird. I tried to recall where i was last time? Whom i was with? When and where did i sleep?
But failed.

Gathering enough energy, i struggled to open my eyes to a blurry sight of a couple of people around me, walking and talking. My senses were gradually coming back but i couldn't see or hear properly. Sensing my almost unnoticable movements, someone came close to me and put her soft hand on my left cheek which instantly gave me a feeling of serenity so i closed my eyes back again in order to feel the purity of that touch and wanting to live in it forever. Undoubtfully, i knew who she was; the light to my darkness, the smile to my mourns, the peace to my chaos and the life to my heart. I knew she liked it when i called her name but i loved calling it even more so i merely whispered keeping my eyes closed closed eyes.
"Amal"
I could only hear, "You're alive. But you must LIVE as well Daniyal. For me. For us"

×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×

Amal Fatima. She was the only person known to my consciousness at the moment of unconsciousness. I had felt her presence moments before, i had felt her touch moments before and i had heard her voice moments ago. She must be somewhere close....very close to me right now but what was she doing here?

I opened my eyes at once and all i could see were white walls....so unlike my own room. I wondered where i was? My heartbeat was already rhyming a melody of her name but this time, i said it out loud without the care of the people around me, "Amal?"

A lady came near me and soon i recognized her as....my mother. She started patting my forehead while murmuring something under her breath, which i wasn't able to understand somehow. Within a moment, she spoke, "Bismillah Bismillah. Daniyal. My son"

I sensed her eyes swelled like she wasn't slept for day, crying. She looked older than she actually was. My mouth was ridiculously dry and i wanted water instantly.
"Water" I demanded.
Her eyes got wet at once and she could only speak, "My baby"
It felt like thorns were constantly notching my throat and mama's tear wounding my heart. I didn't know what was wrong? I demanded again, "I'm thirsty. Water"
A tear rolled down her cheek and she started crying like a baby holding my face, "My love, You'll be fine. Dont worry"
But she did not gave me water. Though i had so many questions to be answered but the only thing i wanted at the moment was water and that......she wasn't giving me. All she was giving me were assurances while crying.
"GIVE ME WATER. I'M THIRSTY AMMI" I roared.
She shivered at once and went running outside the room.....sobbing.

It wasn't until i was alone in the room that i saw a cannula along with many other types of pipes amd tubes connected to my body which left me in shock. Instantly, i tried to sit but my body was so heavy enough for me to not move even a little bit. What was wrong with me? What had happened?

In a moment, a doctor and a crew of nurses came inside the room along with my father.......but there was no water.
I was angry but my anger was only limited to my face, i wasn't able to move. The doctor did his checkups and injected me while baba stood behind them, silent and concerned. At once the Doctor asked, "How do you feel Daniyal?"
"THE HELL I'M FEELING RIGHT NOW. I WANT WATER" I almost shouted.
"Okay so...You'll be fine young boy. Dont loose hope okay?"

I was fuming with anger. Why no one was giving me water? Instead, everyone was giving a totally off topic response. I was dying of thirst. Why was i even here? I didn't remember anything happening to me. Why did my mother start crying when i said i was thirsty? How was Amal here? And where she was now? There were so many questions to be answered but no one to understand them and give me answers.

Meanwhile the doctor started making his way out of the room when he stopped at once and instructed one of the nurses, "Oh and last but not least, feed him water. Patients usually wake up thirsty in this condition but be careful. Drop by drop, not all at once"
And with that he made an exit and the nurse took out a dropper and started feeding me water with it. I felt so helpless....

Within moments, my senses started fading away gradually and i didn't realised when i was asleep.

×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×

I was in between my consciousness and unconsciousness when i heard a phone rang from a distance and a familier girl's sobbing voice made its way to my ears, "Amal?"
"He needs you Amal. He needs you"

"Daniyal had a severe paralysis attack, Amal. He's admitted for the past 3 days"

My eyes opened at once. Was she really talking about me? Paralysis attack? Me? Was i paralyzed? I was horrified was an understatement.

"All the body. He can't even move his fingers"

I attempted to pick up my hand which was almost covered by a cannula.....but i failed.
I tried to move my foot.....but i failed.

"He speaks. But no one understands it"

What rubbish, I thought to myself. I tried to move my tongue thinking that i was speaking just moments ago.....but i failed.
I was demanding water just moments ago? Was this the reason no one was understanding me?

I was living......but not alive. I was in the middle. And i was afraid.....
I wanted to talk to Amal. I wanted to hear her for once. I wanted her to hear me for once. For some reasons, i knew she'll understand me when no one could.
"AMAL"
"AMAL"
"AMAL"
I screamed. Until bisma came near me.

×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×

Author's note:
Please don't kill me🙉 i'm literally sorry for this.
Anyways how was the chapter despite my pathetic description😁
Feedback dedo🙏🏻
Btw in case you're wondering, Amal wasn't really present there. It was just Daniyal's unconsciousness :(

Published on: 20-9-18  10:25PM