17.Signals And Cues

Author's note: Assalam o alikum pretty kind readers. First of all Special mubarakbaads to my dearest friend and reader @mehwishgull 's parents and many other lucky ones who arrived back or are arriving after completing their Hajj MashaAllah😍 May Allah calls us there soon❤
Anyways who wants a long update? ;)
There you go. Happy reading!!!

×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×

The night did not go quite well and it had so many reasons. I kept tossing and turning over my bed restlessly and couldn't find peace anywhere. So many things were worst, and the rest of them felt even worst just because of my spoiled mood.....or maybe spoiled life. I kept checking my phone if there was any messege from Daniyal. Oh poor me! I was still in a hope that 'someone' cares. I was suffocated because of the tight environment created around me by Adnan and.......Daniyal. Both were mine but no one was MINE.

I had clearly no complain from Adnan. He was unfamilier. But Daniyal? He was mine. I really thought he was. But maybe i always overrated his love and blindly trusted mere words. Who know?

Someone inside me protested......and defended him for all the respect he gave me all those years. 'That' night, he could have done anything, he could have taken an advantage of me......but instead, even his silence uttered immense respect, love and promises. Everything could tell lie but not his eyes, not his touch. And Daniyal was not one of those person who could easily change over time without a solid reason and i had seen it's prove.

A voice whispered inside me, "Amal are you blind? Don't you see how he's been ignoring you since he went back? You never needed him before, and now, when you are in need of him, he's showing you his back. This was the only time his love was about to be tested and i think you have the results now Amal. Moreover have you forgotton all those years that he didn't even try to approach you?"
I protected him, "No no he must have an emergency. He never do this. His love had been tested by destiny itself when he was here after 6 YEARS yet completely into me. He was exactly how i left him....even after years. And talking about all those years, i myself stayed away. It was me....not him"

Although a part of me was screaming his innocence and defending his love but a bigger part of me was shoving those thoughts aside and screaming the negativity that i was not willing to hear. The voices were over, yet haunting me to death even after i defeated them with my 'facts'. I didn't call him the rest of the night being in the possession of what the voices said about him.

On some late hour at night, my eyes finally accepted their defeat and showed flags to my mind so i was able to sleep.

×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×

Early in the morning i could hear birds chirping with excitement outside, seemingly celebrating my not-so-happening engagement in advance when mama's hustled voice woke me up, "Amal wake up. It's been half an hour i'm trying to wake you up. We have to go shopping together. There's no time left"

Well that was not something i wanted to wake up to. But being an obedient daughter i had to and the first thing i did was to check my phone if luckily Daniyal had called. But......nothing. Instead Adnan's name pooped up distasting my morning and leaving me face to face with some weird song lyrics.
"Hey, girl, hey, where ya goin'? Come back and sit back down, You look too good to be heading home so early now, You say you gotta work tomorrow, Got a lot on your mind, Let me buy another round, Girl, I think you and I should just drink on it"

Ewww. He had pathetic song choices. I noticed he messeged me at 3:20AM and i wondered what he was doing at that hour of night?

×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×

"You're getting engaged TOMORROW and i'm being informed TODAY. Wow best friend" Inaya was getting all head over heels.
I remember how we used to get crazy talking about each other's wedding and stuff. We planned for shopping months prior including stayovers at each other's houses for dance practices and all. But at the moment, nothing was going as planned, it was possibly worst.
I so wanted to talk to someone and Inaya was the only option left. But instead of listening to me, she bombared me with questions without even acknowledging the complete situation, "I'm talking to you, miss. Anyways leave it. Tell me HOW and WHEN did it happen? Was it like....actual kneeling down on knees kinda romantic proposal or the boring phone-chat proposal? How did he propose? I....i mean what words did Daniyal chose? OMG I cant believe you both are finally getting together......"

Daniyal? Oh God! She was mistaken. She was thinking i'm being engaged to Daniyal. Her eyes had shine.....she was already on the seventh sky thinking that i was finally getting paired up with Daniyal and the worst i could do to her was to tell her the truth. My eyes got wet and i tried my best to avoid eye contact and manage to gather enough courage to tell her the truth.

She was contantly blaberring, "....How do you feel? What was your father's reaction? Listen i'm not missing a SINGLE detail okay? Every word. And why are you still so quite? I was expecting you to be doing bhangra......"

I couldn't help but breakdown at that point so i screamed my lungs out, "I'M NOT BEING ENGAGED TO DANIYAL, INAYA!"

Her eyes widened in shock as clearly she wasn't expected such a big jolt. I saw her eyes loosing all the colours of excitement and becoming wide and black. I had shared everything with her about Daniyal, from loving him to hating him to.....again loving him and she was with me throughout. But she was silent now and i was numb.

I patted beside me and she silently obliged my request and spoke apparently with anger, "I swear If it's a joke it's the worst one, okay?"
A bitter smile crept across my lips, "Joke? Exactly. It's all a joke....being done on me by everyone..."
A tear travelled down my cheek as i continued,".....and it hurts so much Inaya"
Her mind was still stuck in Daniyal, "And where's Daniyal? Why not him? If not him them whom? You both were together again, no? Is it about your father? AMAL SPEAK"

I started from Adnan and ended back to Daniyal and she listened to me carefully. Every word. Every phrase. Her face being widened after every sentence of mine.

After i was done, she still had a hope in Daniyal thinking that he would still do something, "Wait what? This doesn't make sense to me. Is Daniyal going to see the love of his life getting married to an addict? As far as i know him, he must have a reason.....or an emergency, you know. Think straight. Try to talk to him"
"I told you already he's not even answering my phonecalls after i told him everything. I dont know what he's trying to make me feel? A worthless, lifeless object?"
She tried cooled me down despite the storms running in her own heart, "Amal please! Cool down. Acha why didn't you talk to your parents?"
I cleared, "No no. I cant talk to them. Adnan already threatened me, i dont want to make my life even worst. Secondly, you know my parents. they must have made sure he's....like.....he's okay. Maybe? And he did apologized for his behavior that night So i dont have a proper reason to tell to my parents"

Inaya became silent after being familier with the situation. At once, something came to her mind, "Signs. Amal, signs of Allah. Remember how we used to search for signs back in school to know whether something was being done right or wrong?"
I nodded in confusion so she continued, "Call him. Right now. Call Daniyal. Just once. If he answers, it's good. If he dont....you know what to do and what to not. End of discussion"

I called Daniyal again this time. The bell kept ringing for a while.....and the phonecall ended. It was enough, enough for me to bear. Tears rolled down my cheeks and Inaya at once wiped those tears away and said, "Amal. I know it's hard but see you got a sign. I'm sorry but.....there would definitely be something good waiting for you. Get to know Adnan more. It's hard for me as well, to think of you with that Adnan but maybe Allah had planned something else for you? Maybe he's not what he seems to be like? Despite the feeling that Daniyal isn't doing all this on purpose, i wont defend him anymore. You're a strong girl"

I'm a strong girl.

×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×

Author's note:
Howwwww was that?
I feel like my chapters are getting longer, no?
Actually i want this story to be smooth, dont want to miss a single detail and what not :p
Please let me know if you want small chapters or are you okay with whatever and however i write😁
Thanks for reading my mess. Drop your comments and if you liked it, kindly give it a star⭐

Published on: 31-8-18   3:15AM