20.Ruins

[AMAL]

The person who has loved me the most, after my parents, was fighting through so much pain; physically and emotionally. And i was doubting his love? I was embarrassed would be an understatement. I wanted to dig myself in the deepest corner of the Earth for this. He was always there, whether i was.....or not. I was doubting the love of the person who taught me the meaning of love......and that was so pathetic of me. I couldn't decide what was more hurting? His condition right now.....or the doubts and assumptions i made in my mind myself? I was such an evil.

Bisma continued, "All the body. He can't even move his fingers"
It was more than just painful to listen to it. I wondered how Bisma was uttering such words? Well....she was sobbing herself. I couldn't decide whether to calm HER down or.....give hopes to myself.
A sudden thought came to my mind that if i'm able to talk to Daniyal? I knew he needed me badly at this time and so did i. So i asked, "But can he talk right now? I mean if....i..i can....umm"
I couldn't find enough words because my mind was already frozen like ages ago. I forgot what 'thinking' actually was? Bisma answered crying loudly like she just lost it, "He speaks. But no one understands it"

All my hopes were in vain and so i could only join Bisma in sobbing and crying over phone without saying anything. Was there even something left to say? No more.....no more.....

At once i started hearing voices over phone and it took me just a second to recognize who's voice it was.Daniyal.....he was screaming and screaming leaving every inch of mine in severe aches. Bisma went running to him while i wanted to end the call because it was too much for the little girl in embellished clothes to bare. But a very major part of mine wanted to listen to him, calm him down and tell me that everything was going to be fine. I wanted to give him hopes to a good life when i was myself loosing the purpose of living.

Bisma spoke, "Amal i'll call you in a moment please"
I insisted, "Bisma please can i talk to him?"
Bisma knew he wasn't in a condition to talk, "I dont think he's in a condi-"
The pain that his not-so-understandable screams were giving me made me interrupt her in a hurry, "Bisma please. He needs me"

I didn't hear her after that, all i could hear were loud huffs and puffs and i knew whom they were. The person who was screaming a moment ago suddenly became silent and calmed like he knew i was on phone. There was a long silence; neither of us tried to kill it or maybe....no one had a courage to.

"Daniyal" It was more like a whisper.

It felt like he was holding a mountain of sorrows and cries that he finally let go off and started sobbing painfully....and loudly. What was he saying between them? I couldn't understand....

In an almost failed attempt of not making him hear my sobs i spoke, "Shh You're my strong Daniyal. You are a warrior. And Daniyal, warriors never lose"
My feet were trembling not able to carry the weight of my own existance so i stood with the wall making it my only support for now. He was listening me very peacefully, so i continued in between my sobs, "You're alive Daniyal. Alhumdulillah. And it's the biggest, delightful reality. Thank Allah. Praise him.You're alive. But you must LIVE as well Daniyal. For me. For US ........Will you?"

There was silence on the other end, only Bisma's silent sobs were heard from a distance. But he was quite like in a trance or something. I was out of words, my brain was collapsing anytime soon and with the sudden thought of Adnan being still present in the house made the environment even more suffocated for me. It was surely hard to breath.

After a moment of being quite i heard Daniyal on the other end trying to say something so i answered and tried to wind up the conversation before someone actually come to my room and see the bride-to-be weary and crying like a baby.
"Yeah i'm here Daniyal. But i'm afraid i have to hang up for now. And remember you're strong enough to beat that, alright? I'm with you....until you are with yourself. I....I...uhh.....Get well soon"

It wasn't until i hung up and turned toward the door that i saw two curious but more disgustful eyes nearing a scar that had a story. Exclusing his weird and full of desire expressions, he was indeed looking good and very much masculine.
Ignoring his expressions, i tried to cross him to open the door and go outside to disappear in the gathering but he stopped me, grapping my arm, "So who were you talking to?"
My breath was locked inside but i tried to fight my frustration out, "Thats non of your concern Adnan. Let go off me"
He tightened his grip but with mischievous expressions he spoke, "That IS my concern, miss wife-to-be"
His simple touch used to feel like thorns pinching my skin and now, he had such a tight grip. I felt helpless, "It was just a friend now will you please let go?"
I was shocked the way he really let go of my arm but soon my subconscious hid its face when he, leaving my arm, started tracing his fingers across my face. I wanted to disappear, i was mentally praying for the Earth to literally swallow me.

I stepped back at once with disbelieve in my eyes, "Excuse me?"
He instantly covered the distance without distracting his gaze upon me, "Excused, hotstuff"
I was already in so much pain thinking about Daniyal and here, Adnan was making the situation worst for me. I was pretending my best to be strong and fearless but Adnan wasn't one of those guys who could care before making a move.

I was speechless, merely thinking of what to say and what to not when he held my face within a moment and started to come closer. My eyes were shut tight but i dont know from where i gathered the courage to give him a huge and heavy slap on his face. With the sound, i opened my eyes to the red-blooded eyes of Adnan mentally preparing to destroy my existance.
He made an exit saying, "I will see you. I will see you, Amal Fatima. You will regret"

×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×

Author's note:
I was in search of a distracting and i found one; writing ;)
I am so depressed after writing probably the most despressed chapter of the whole story. How was it??
Woah! What's about to come?

Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou to all the readers giving their reviews. Means alot. Do vote and leave your comments. Love love❤

Published on: 30-9-18 2:10AM