22.Darkness

Today, the destiny decided to take the side of those claiming and desired eyes whose thought was giving me chills especially from last week since he showed his monsterous side yet again.

Upon the insistance of Shifa Aunty, baba sent me along with her to the wedding shopping. Ofcourse Adnan was her only son so perfection was a must! She took part, infact, did all shopping till now by herself. But today, she felt the need for me to accompany her. It wasn't until we came out in parking that i came to know Adnan was going to join us as well. Suddenly, all my mood was spoiled by his existance. I wondered how i was going to live with him apparently for the rest of my life? The thought of it gave me ache.

I tried my best to completely ignore his yearning gaze but there were moments when i felt completely helpless. But the peaceful existance of Shifa Aunty made all thrones turn into flowers. I could bet she was going to be the best mother-in-law and for that, i was lucky.
However, my mind was still not able to digest the wedding-thing, maybe it was too soon but maybe, infact obviously it was not the right person i was getting paired up with.

It was almost the end of today's shopping when i received a video messege. I was eager to open it as soon as i read Bisma's name prominent on my screen with a text,
"You were right Amal. He's a warrior"
It took every ounce of me to not open the messege before reaching home but my curiousity level was immidiately touching the sky. I wanted to know what Daniyal did as soon as possible.
I couldn't find any other way but to grab the first dress that caught my vision and enter the try-room while excusing Shifa Aunty.

As soon as i locked the door, i shamelessly threw that much-expensive dress away and unlocked my phone. My heart was already overwhelmed without even seeing the video. I just knew Daniyal did something big and knowing that was enough for me to smile like an idiot.

I played the video in an instant and what i saw next seemed unbelievable and miraculous. My mouth automatically uttered, "Subhan'Allah. Alhumdulillah. MashaAllah"
Daniyal Rehman. My life. My happiness. My warrior. He was walking on his own steps; nearly stumbling, taking baby steps, too careful.....but not giving up. Unconsciously, tears rolled down my cheeks but i swear they were not just tears.

I heard Bisma's chuckles in the video, "Look who's walking on his own today? Dani, say Hi to Amal!!"
Suddenly, my cheeks started emiting fire when, instead of a 'hi', Daniyal blew a kiss toward the camera.

When i made an exit from the try-room and faced Shifa Aunty and Adnan, i was unable to hide my grin. It was obvious from my face that the butterflies were doing some hanky panky inside.
While Adnan was giving me inquired stares, Shifa Aunty confessed, "You look so happy, Amal. It's so good to see you smile. Right Adnan?"
Adnan gave a smirk and preferred to speak through eyes.
But i did not want to spoil the big celebration of Daniyal so i chosed to ignore everything today with a couldn't-care-less feeling.

×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×

Tea at Adnan's place after shopping and then him dropping me back to my home, was the actual plan but instead, soon after tea, Adnan had to go somewhere very urgent.
Shifa Aunty and me waited for him for hours but it was night already. We were calling him but he was not answering. While mama and baba were constantly calling asking me if everything was fine? Well...to me...everything surely was.

So turns out, i was permitted to stay with Shifa Aunty because no one was available to drop me back to my house. It seemed very uncomfortable at start but gradually i became easy with Shifa Aunty's company. Particularly, Adnan's absence was the most satisfying thing for me.

It was half past 11 when Shifa Aunty gave up and went to her room after showing me the way to my room. Standing on the doorstep of my room, it felt like she wanted to say something. But were hesitant.
"I know its weird but...umm....do lock the room from the inside. Just for.....just for the safety, you know"

×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×

I was feeling a strange hustle bustle inside me. Feeling the suffocation, i felt the need to go out of my room and the first place that came to mind was the terrace.
This was the second time i was standing here. Everything was different when i was standing here for the first time.....everything was good, Adnan wasn't that bad either. He was just another guy trying to have the attention of a girl who was already dreaming her life with Daniyal.

I didn't know if Adnan was back or not. I didn't care either. I carelessly let the cold breeze brush my hair for some moments and went back to my room. Unlocking my phone, i saw it was 2AM but although i was tired, sleep was no where. I assumed it was because of a new place maybe. So i continued scrolling through my feeds.

At once, the door of my room got slammed open leaving me face to face with my 'nightmare' stumbling upon his feet......undoubtfully drunk.
"Ohhh so here you are. Wifeyyy"

I mentally smacked my head for leaving the door unlocked. Shifa Aunty was so concerned and i didn't care.
"What are you doing here, Adnan? LEAVE" I shouted.
"Oh that, i'll tell you-", He walked closer, "-It's time for a little revenge from my wife", he whispered.

"What the hell Adnan. First, i'm NOT your wife. Second, stay AWAY", I wondered where did all this courage come from?
"Oh stooop. You're almost my wife so....."
I cut him in the middle saying, "Yeah. ALMOST. Well that says alot. So are you leaving or should i?", i roared.

He gripped my shoulders when i forcefully pushed him aside and went running towards the door. I was almost outside the room when i was stopped by his forceful grip around my waist and pushed back inside. I was thrown harshly on the floor when i saw him locking the door and turning the lights off.

It was dark....
And i was afraid of the darkness.

×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×

Author's note:
Do i deserve an author's note for this?🙊yeah only if anyone of you dont kill me.
Okay first of all, i'm sorry. Second of all, i'm sorry.
As a writer myself, it took courage, headache and tears to write it up. I know i'm such a cruel writer but lets see where the story goes? No? Okay i know i messed up :/

Anywayssss how it actually was? Desperate for your feedback. Love for all❤

Published on: 15-10-18 3:10AM