27.Promises; some made some broken

[SHIFA]

Another painful and helpless night, where i could see my own son, my own blood, destroying his life with his own hands. I was watching him from over the window of my dark room, stumbling, dancing and talking to himself while he was taking occasional sips of what i would call poison.He looked pathetic.

These were the nights when i felt the most that i failed as a mother, but only if his father had bought him up with love, with affection. Maybe, just maybe, things had been better. My son needed a father even more than i needed a husband. My mother used to say that life is full of trials but the worst of all the trails is through children. She was right. It was painful, it was worst but i couldnt do anything anymore. I struggled enough my whole life trying to change his company, his environment, everything!! But i guess it was my destiny.....pain.

I came to the conclusion that everything was in vain. I had to admit that he was gone far from my hands. But then i came to know Amal, my son's choice and i thought my problems would be solved because they say love heals everything. A new hope arose that she will bring my son back to me through love and affection.

But little did i know what a disaster i was doing to her. She was too sensitive to be ready to deal with the pain i was going through. I didnt want to destroy her life but sadly, i guess i did.

I was caught up by my thoughts and in careful observation of every movement Adnan was making when, to my utmost surprise, i saw Amal crossing the gate of our house. I thought my eyes were mistaking me as i clearly gawked seeing that it was 2AM when she arrived. What was she doing here? Why did she come? At this hour at night? I needed to know.

As i continued to examine the situation, she instantly saw Adnan in the lawn and ran toward him. There was something on her face, maybe she had been crying. All i saw next was Amal begging him despite the fear that was evident even from far and Adnan, being drunk, not giving attention to any of her words. But it was difficult for me to listen or understand anything that was happening. All i could tell by Amal's expressions was that there was a problem and that needed to be solved before the wedding. So i ran downstairs and hence to the lawn.

As i approached near them, Adnan almost pushed Amal aside in an attempt to throw her out of his sight. It wasnt until she picked her up when she noticed me behind Adnan and instantly, her face got pale. It was only for a second after which i saw her paleness turn into disgust. Undoubtfully, the disgust was for me this time.

She stood up at once and started yelling at me, "YOU! YOU ARE BEHIND ALL THIS. ITS ALL HAPPENING BECAUSE OF YOU", she started approaching me and continued like she wasn't in her senses anymore, "YOU ALWAYS KNEW WHAT A MONSTER YOUR SON WAS AND YOU LET HIM DESTROY ME, SCATTER ME, RIP ME!! YOU BOTH ARE SUCH...."

A loud thumb made her stop as she was slapped by Adnan who seemed least guilty for what he did.
"ENOUGH! Get out. From my house and my life!", he screamed while hardly standing on a place. I was too shocked and embarrassed to make any move. All i could do was to grab Amal from her arm and push her inside the room. Despite her constant insistance and harsh words, i made her sit to talk because it was much needed. Although i do was the murderer of her happiness upto some extent but i didnt deserve this much hatred.

She was quite now, constantly fidgeting her fingers while lowering her gaze like she was thrusting all her anger on her hands. She looked so different than the chirpy Amal i knew and my heart ached knowing that somewhere....i was the reason behind it.

It looked like she was in a trance of something. She parted her lips to say something but instantly closed like she wasnt able to decide whether to speak or not. For a second, she looked up at me with ear full of tears then again, lowered her gaze and stated emotionlessly in a robotic voice, "I'm expecting"

"What???", I thought i heard it wrong because what came into my ears was unbelieveable and undigestable! I wanted to bury myself and the whole world around me.

"I AM EXPECTING A BABY OF YOUR DRUG ADDICT ALCOHOLIC SON", She stood up and threw the nearest table lamp forcefully on the ground.

I was too embarrassed to be saying anything in my defence. Was there even anything to defend? I stayed quite, very shocked when she continued, "But congratulations to you. Very well played"

"Amal", i could only utter.
"Dont take my name!", she enraged.
"Please. Listen. Please Amal", i practically begged and made her sit whilst my own eyes wet.

"You wont believe your Aunt right now, Will you?", i stated hasitantly. She only gaze me a stare for a moment but stayed silent so i continued in between my sobs, "I didnt have even a little knowledge about.....that night until i saw hatred and fear in your eyes the next day, Amal. Please dont hate me, i'm.....i'm already in pain. Adnan is enough for my trial, but please not you too"

She stood up at once completely ignoring my begging hands, "And you think that your pain is bigger than mine in anyway??"

I was speechless when she continued after shaking her head in disgust, "Who can save me? Who can undo it all now? Who can accept me, heal me? Who can bring out that old Amal back, Shifa Aunty???"

My eyes weren't able to see her in such pain so my gaze was fixated on the floor. She continued after a slight pause, "No one. Sadly not even the father of this....", she ended the sentence with a frustrated sigh.

"Amal. Look here beta. I will make you my daughter. I will embrace you in this house with respect and honour my sweatheart. Regardless of what Adnan says or wants. He will HAVE to accept you and your child. I promise you that", As it was the only solution to the problem, i had to take steps now, i had to order Adnan and i knew he wont ever refuse me. There was a new goal i could see. The goal to give this innocent beautiful soul in front of me a respectful shelter where she can be safe from all the taunts of the world.

×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×

[AMAL]

It wasnt until i approached the doorknob of my room when i turned back and double checked in order to not get caught to be arriving at my house at 4 in the morning. A deep sigh of relief automatically exhaled from my mouth as i saw no one watching me So i rushed into my room and locked it from the inside. As soon as i turned on the light, i visibly shivered to see Daniyal's face ready to inquire the hell out of me.

He took straight steps toward me while maintaining a cold stare, "Where're you coming from?"
Sweat was visible on my face but i made a failed attempt to stay normal, "T....t..terrace"

His eyes were fixed on my eyes like he was actually reading them, "I was on terrace the whole time, Amal"

"Umm yeah. Umm...went to....kitchen for a while. I was hungry", I attempted a fake smile.

He covered the few inches between us, gripped my arm from near the shoulder and repeated, "Where. Were. You."

I couldnt look into his eyes for any longer so i fixed my gaze to his chest and spoke, "Ad...Adnan's house"

He, at once, let go of my arm and stared me in disbelieve. After a moment, he lifted his arm to see time from his watch, eyed me for once and crossed me to exit from my room.

Before he reached the doorknob, i turned to him and tried to clear that he was misinterpreting, "Daniyal. I wa...."

"PLEASE. I cannot digest any further disrespect and insult for my love....for YOU", He enraged with pain in his eyes and left the room leaving me all alone with sobs, tears, regrets and helplessness.

×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×

Author's note:
Heyyyy y'all. Been a while. Hence a little longer chapter for my lovies❤❤
I'm so excited to know your feedback for this one. Do spare some time to comment and vote⭐

P.S. Dont get bored of all the sadness in this story lol. Thats just what the plot demands.
Love love❤❤

Published on: 8-12-18 5:10PM