4.Love is in the air

Daniyal's birthday always used to come in between our summer vacations and a big birthday party was held every year because all the families were willingly or unwillingly together by that time. And tomorrow, it was THE DAY.

I was busy in examining the gift i bought for him ever since i came back to my room after that game. But my mind was somewhere else. Those two, big, furious eyes of Laiba Aapi were struck somewhere deep in my mind.

Suddenly i heard a knock on my door and i hardly managed to hide Daniyal's present when i saw mama coming towards me with concern in her eyes. I hardly even saw her in anger, her face was always like a calmest shore. But at that very moment, even that concern was killing me.

I was fearfully wondering if Laiba aapi had told her anything about me and Daniyal or about what happend in the game when she asked, "Is there something you want me to know, Amal Fatima?"

I tried to act all oblivious when my inner-self was already prepared for a 2 hours straight lecture.
I could only say, "umm no mama. Wha...what happened?"
"Nothing. Just...don't do anything that you shouldn't be doing. And you better know what i'm talking about" It was her advise which seemed like a threat to me.

But i thought it was easy to make my mother a fool so i tried to defend myself, "Mama trust me! I dont understand what you're talking about"
And that was the moment when i got a hint of her anger but before i could do about it she stated, "Amal Fatima! Don't make me talk to your baba about anything that you don't want me to! Is that clear?"

And BOOM! That was enough to seal my lips. Before i could answer her or even explain her anything she made an exit. And i fell on my bed..... lifelessly.

×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×

The night of 14th July finally came; Daniyal's birthday party. It was a big day for me as well because Daniyal's family was traveling back to America tomorrow which clearly meant it was the only nighy we had left. The fact that there was going to be a long gap between us was killing me.

As always, my goals were to look eye cayching at the party. I was wearing Daniyal's favourite colour this time; a blue and golden tail frock that was shimmery enough to catch everyone's gaze...most importantly, HIS gaze.

I was putting on the luxurious heels that Daniyal's mom bought me all the way from NewYork when i heard the beep on my phone and his name popped up on my mobile's screen.
"No one should see you before me when you get ready ;) "
A smile crept across my face while reading his messege but i instantly remembered my not-so-good conversation with mama yesterday. I knew she must be spying on me since Tomorrow. So i replied him,
"Not so fast Daniyal Rehman. Ahh this merciless mankind :( "
Daniyal: So who forbid my highness to meet her prince CHARMING? Eh?
Me: No one in particular. Just don't come.
Daniyal: Like i'm gonna listen :p hurry up get ready i have a something for you.
Me: What? Why for me? I mean it's YOUR birthday!

And Daniyal did not replied anything after that. I knew he was on his way to my room so i ran to the mirror, set my hair and have myself a final look.
Just then i saw His reflection in the mirror, standing behind me with the most adorable smile on his face and i got lost in his unconscious style. And without any doubt, he did too. People never realise how beautiful they are. Everyone becomes ignorant when it comes to looks but i wasn't one of them.

Suddenly i came back to life after acknowledging the fact that i was staring straight into his ocean eyes which made me blush to the colour of blood so i immidiately lowered my gaze.

"Ehm its the part where you compliment me" I broke the silence. And he smiled at my innocence.
"Who told you i was here to compliment you? Infact no one can properly do justice with words when it comes to Amal Fatima" He said softly which made me blush instantly. My name always sounded 100x better when he was the one saying it.
I tried to cover the butterfly feeling, "Yeah Yeah i know. Did you see me now? Now go before someone comes inside"
He remembered something at once, "Okay Okay i'll go but..." And with a pause, he put a bracelet out of his pocket from one hand and held my hand gently with the other and continued, "May I?"
And i was more than just desperate to say a yes!!! But i couldn't utter a single word and my smile said it all.

After putting on the bracelet on my wrist with a big smile, he stared directly into my soul with seriousness on his face and asked, "Do you love me Amal Fatima?"
His voice had intense love and care and his face......serene and calm. His eyes made me speak the truth like I was under his spell.
"I do Daniyal Rehman.....yes, I do"

And we got lost in each other for an eternity, staring deep into each other's souls for a lifetime.

It was a magical night. The night of love, the night of revelation, the night of new hope and dreams and indeed, the night before a new life.

×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×

Author's note :

I hope you liked it :) there might be alot of mistakes in this chapter because i was busy...mentally. Please avoid mistakes and don't forget to give it a star

Published on: 6-7-18 1:50AM