10.They invited us!

While i was standing with the mother-son duo, trying my best to not make an eye contact with Adnan, i saw Daniyal entering in the hall with his eyes definitely searching for me. Sometimes, he amazes me so much by the fact that even after 6 years of no contact, he and his love was just the same. I could say myself lucky.....but unlucky.

As soon as he saw me standing with Adnan, his muscles tightened for some unknown reasons. Maybe he was insecure? And honestly speaking, making him jealous in such situations was always a good idea.
So ignoring the bad vides that Adnan guy was giving me, i started actually talking to him and apparently taking interest in whatsoever he was saying.

Noticing my interest, Adnan's expressions vividly changed from a nice introvert guy to a happy-go-lucky and proud person like i was captivated my his appearence. Haha as if!
I mentally smacked his head, "Oh you poor little guy! This heart has someone else's name written on it already. Nice try though"

Meanwhile i saw a couple of girls calling Daniyal and to my surprise he did went to them and started chirping his heart out while his eyes assuring that i was watching.

I was trying to make him jealous but i, unfortunately, was the one whose blood started to boil. So i excused Shifa Aunty and went almost running to the group of girls Daniyal was talking to.

"Can you please excuse US ladies" I uttered with bitterness in my voice and pride in my smile.
They could say nothing other than "sure" with jealousy visible on each of them's face.

I took Daniyal aside and started my inquiry, "What do you think you were doing with them, Daniyal Rehman?"
"Aww looks like someone's burning in an attempt to make someone else burn" He made fun.

I raised my eyebrow with shock, "Why would i make you jealous? I was just TALKING to the new guy. He's sweet"
Daniyal, now, was angry, "As if i don't know him. He's MY cousin, Amal. And i prefer you stay away from him"

Ouch that was harsh, i thought to myself. But how could i let him win this argument? I became oblivious of his anger and stated like a stuborn child "Oh really? What makes you think i'll obey you? Besides, he was...."

I was in the middle when Rafay called Daniyal out load so i had to shut up. Daniyal whispered "we're not done yet" and went outside. I inhaled a deep breath and went to the stage to capture some photos with the bride.
For the rest of the time, i preferred to ignore Adnan myself but i was not able ignore his constant gaze.

×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×

A couple of days later, Shifa Aunty invited us all at their place. I was not willing to go simply because i did not want to be annoyed by that gaze again. But i could not tell anyone the real reason so i was finally convinced by mom.

This time, i chosed a simple and decent look rather than the shimmer makeover. I did not wanted to look noticable, especially by Adnan. He had something i was scared of. I wanted to never meet him again. But i had no choice.

My and Daniyal's family arrived to Adnan's awaiting eyes.
To my surprise, Adnan took out his hand from his pocket for a handshake, "Hi Amal"
It felt awkward because i had never shook hands with a guy before. It felt uncomfortable. Meanwhile my gaze shifted to Daniyal who was waiting for my move anxiously.
I stated with a simple smile and lowered my gaze, "Assalam o alikum"
Adnan took his hand back, "Well okay. Same to you"

Although he was being so nice and all, yet i was having bad vibes from him without any particular reason. But one change i noticed in Adnan was his less-following gaze. This made me embarrassed by that fact that maybe i judged him a little too soon?

Daniyal played a good role; he followed me everywhere. I did not even told him about the bad feelings i had about Adnan but like always he read my eyes.
This time, i was alone on the terrace totally captivated by the sight. I could see the whole city, under a warm blanket of stars. Taking my phone out, i started capturing the beautiful sight when i heard someone's presence behind me. I was sure it must be Daniyal because he was just not leaving me alone at Adnan's place.

With the thought of him, a smile crept on my face and with that, i turned at once, "Stop Following! I am fi......"
My eyes were wide open with shock, "...Adnan?"

He had a simple smile on his face, eyes had glitters and expressions....soft. He was indeed good-looking. With that thought, i mentally smacked my head when he said with a confused smile, "Relax I am not following you Amal"

I mentally laughed at his innocence for thinking that he was the only one to follow me. Duh!
I clearified, "No no it wasn't for you"

"So how do you liked it?" He inquired making me confused.
"Liked what?"
"Well...everything" He made me even more confused.
So i gave him a political answer, "Yeah! Everything's great"
He asked with stars in his eyes, "And me?"

His question made all my confussions away. I was shocked would be an undestatement. I, mentally, gawked in disbelieve.
But again i preferred a siyasi jawab with a confused smile, "Haha you? You're......nice"

The environment suddenly got suffocated and i wanted to leave now, "Umm i should go downstairs now"
I started making my way to the stairs when Adnan called me from my back, "Listen"
I turned and asked, "Jee?"
He seemed to think something and after a while he exhaled a deep sigh and finally spoke, "Nothing, yeah go"
And with that i gave him a smile despite the unknowing feelings i had and went downstairs.

×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×~~~~×

Author's note :
Boring chapter? Yes? Okay :/
What about Adnan? Still hating him or not? ;)

I hope you somehow liked the chapter :p
Extremely interesting things on their way!!!
Bless this chapter with a star⭐ and your precious comments♥

Published on: 21-7-18 6:20PM