The Doyle Family

By late afternoon the whole investigation group was back at 221B, minus Castiel and Belle who were still at Shoscombe Mansion.

"Well, we found out that Doyle lives right here in this building!" Holmes announced.

"I already knew that, my love," said Molly, "you never wanted to know them."

"Until now, my dear," he winked at her, "Madame Smith and I are going to find out who this Arthur is."

After counting all the information including the mysterious message of the sphere, Amelia, Mary and Molly arranged everything in the clueboard in the room. Joan knocked on the door of 221C with Sherlock at her side.

"May I help?" Mary Doyle answered and recognized her neighbor. "Holmes? Is it really you or did I get confused?"

"You're not mistaken, Doyle" he smiled dumbly "well I must confess that I am here to apologize."

"Why sir?" Mary asked.

"Well, my wife mentioned that I've never been very friendly to you and your family," he explained.

"I'm Madame Smith," Joan said. "It would be an honor if you and your family come to have dinner with us."

"Okay, I think I can attend" Mrs. Doyle answered, "I'll speak to my husband."

Sherlock and Joan exchanged a smile to seal the success of their plan.

Ding dong ... It was the sound of the bell at 221B Baker St. It was a few hours ago that the request was made and there they were, the Doyle couple with their little son Arthur who enjoyed the summer vacation away from boarding school. When Sherlock picked them up, the little boy surprised Mr. Holmes with a hug.

"Mr. Holmes! Mr. Holmes! I miss you! Where's John? I want to hear more of your adventures. I even helped write the last, you know. Mr; Holmes, "Artie said from Sherlock's side as his parents came in and greeted the family.

"Sorry, Mr. Holmes ... my son is a little agitated, but of course you already knew it" Mr. Doyle said trying to look nice, but he was looking for two things in the detective ... two things that Artie drew and helped John write when he could. The funny hat and the pipe.

"Then let's sit down?" Molly smiled, taking the pie that Mr. Doyle made it to the table.

"I hope you like it," said Charles Doyle, cordially pulling a chair for his wife to sit on, which was repeated by the residents of the apartment, and the children soon became inseparable friends.

"So ... it was very kind of you to make this dinner to be a good neighbor, Mr. Holmes. My son is very fond of you ... and Dr. Watson" said Mary Doyle, smiling but still impressed by the existence of a Mrs. Holmes.

"It's amazing how Holmes being a great detective had never noticed that your young neighbor was our fan," John laughed. "It's a pleasure to know Arthur properly."

"Thank you Dr. Watson," the boy said excitedly, "I drew a picture of you and Sherlock Holmes but it stayed at my school.

"I appreciate the admiration Arthur," Sherlock said a little more gently, "so let's eat before dinner gets cold."

Everyone poured roast turkey and mashed potatoes and ate in silence until it was broken by the children.

"Do you like frogs, Arthur?" Hamish asked.

"Not now, Hamish" his mother scolded him.

"I'm sorry, frogs?" Charles began to regret coming to dinner.

"Hamish is fond of frogs." Rachel helped her friend.

"I don't know, I like to see the frogs by the lake in my school," Arthur said.

"Your school?" Is it nice?" Ray wanted to know, excited.

"Yes, Artie tell us about your school," Joan began to investigate. "Has something interesting already happened there?"

"No, it's a normal school," said the boy, thoughtfully. "I've tried to find some mystery there, but the nuns say there's nothing to worry about there."

"Of course my son, it's a school," Mary Doyle laughed. "What can happen there?"

"The most unlikely places are the most interesting ones," Sherlock added.

"But once something strange happened," Artie remembered.

"Really? What's it?" Madame Smith was all excited.

"I've had a very strange teacher," Arthur began, "he was very interested in my drawings and I told him about the adventures of Holmes and Watson, he kept asking me every day, I thought it was strange."

"That really is a mystery," Sherlock commented.

"Don't listen to these nonsense Mr. Holmes, "Charles laughed," this is a child thing."

"Of course, of course." Joan took a sip of wine, beginning to create hypotheses.

Joan's mind didn't stop for a minute, she thought how intriguing this case was - this teacher ... he was like - she wanted to know, but when she got a strange look from mr. Doyle, she took out a napkin and wiped herself away – "excuse my curiosity, my fiancé is a teacher and he sometimes comments on a teacher who is ... invasive" she smiled "I'm just really curious."

Mrs. Doyle smiled and looked at her husband. She seemed to sympathize better with Joan.

- How interesting, I have always respected a family of teachers ... especially her companions, but tell me Mrs. ...

"Ms. yet ... Joan Smith. " she smiled cordially.

"It's so interesting to see a fiancé... If you like, I can help you with whatever you need," Arthur commented. "Well, my teacher always seemed too curious and said I could be a great writer in the future," said the boy, swinging his little legs, trying to get the peas on his plate "Father told me that you ... I say that you and your partner were crazy."

"Oh yes, but I'll take it as a compliment." Sherlock winked at him.

"Talk about you, Holmes ... I'm not crazy, I think," John said, making the whole table laugh. "Well you could draw me and Mary and Mr. and Mrs. Holmes one day.

"Of course," Arthur agreed happily, "Dr. Watson, I would be delighted."

"Well, I think we'd better get going," Charles announced, "thank you for the invitation, it was all very sweet, Mrs. Holmes.

"Ah, you're very welcome," Molly said, "you'll always be welcome here."

"We really have to go?" Artie complained a little.

"You did not hear Mrs. Holmes?" His mother smiled. "You can come another day."

So the Doyle left the home of the Holmes.