Joan's Crisis

"I hope they like dessert." Sherlock said a little worried that Molly laughed and gave him a kiss.

"It was great, my love ... you improved your cooking abilities" she said, smiling.

The children were soon playing in the living room.

"If I get bigger than you, we'll get married," Hamish said, standing on tiptoe, as Ray was taller than he was.

"It seems so, haha ​​haha," she said, but sat down on the couch a little sad and was hugged by her friend who sat next to her.

"Why are you sad? Is it your uncles again? "Hamish asked.

"It's just that Mama's going to have another baby and she's not going to pay attention to me," she said in a cute little pout, "Claire, my older sister already seems to like the younger baby and he was not even born."

"Don't worry, Ray, I will not let your parents forget you, I promise," Hamish said solemnly.

The girl smiled and hugged the youngest of the Holmes. He kissed her cheek.

"Thank you, Hamish," she smiled. "There are my other uncles who will not let Mother tell my other uncles who she is."

"Your family is very confusing, Ray," the boy said thoughtfully.

"Hamish," his mother called out, "help me get the table and then get ready for bed, it's almost time."

"Yes, Mother," the boy smiled and slowly disengaged himself from his friend. "I'll be right back, Ray," said the boy, laughing in the direction of the kitchen, and Ray went looking for Joan, who was drawing circles in her diary.

"What is it?" She asked, distracting Joan for a few seconds.

"I don't know," the older woman confessed, "they just come ... you want to see some of those nice drawings I made?" Joan wanted to know, and after the little girl agreed, she put on the picture page of a box written "Police Public Call Box" and a light appeared on the door.

On the other page there was a rather strange room with some shelves and things that even Joan could not explain, it seemed ... magical.

"It's very beautiful," Ray said smiling, admiring the writings.

The woman ran a hand through some circles on the side of the figure.

"Sometimes I think they want to tell me something, but I don't know ..." she lets a tear slip and erase the ink in the notebook along with other smudges.

Ray hugs her, having never seen her aunt cry like this.

"I hate not knowing," said the older woman in sobs turning the pages and running her hand over the figures as if trying to remember something, she could only cry more and more, making thick salty rails stain her face as the drops stained the ink on the paper.

"Joan!" Mary is scared to see her condition "what happened?"

"I don't know, Mary," the older woman sniffed, "I can't understand any of my dreams or why I'm making these scribbles I ... I doubt who I really am."

"You're Joan Smith, my cousin." Mary wiped away her tears "a doctor in ufology and fiancée to Mel Williams."

"But ... no matter what, you don't need to worry, my little one ... you're right I should protect you, not give you trouble" she didn't know why, but she had a huge will to protect Mary, she let herself be hugged by Mary and Ray -you are all that the war didn't take from me, even my sanity was gone ... thank you."

"You're welcome," Mary smiled. "Now be glad, Mel soon will come and see you, how about we start planning the wedding?"

"Excellent idea." Madame Smith forced a smile. "I think I'll go to sleep."

"Rest," Mrs. Watson said "good night."

"Good night," Joan answered and left.

Then Mary put Ray to sleep, and Joan could not sleep so easily. Little did she know that the answers she wanted were closer than she imagined.