Chapter 7: It's All About Reputation

Jungkook's POV

Using my white cane to help me, I entered my mom's bakery shop. As I entered, the sound of people talking and laughing filled my ear.

"Oh, you're here Jungkook!" said by one of my mom's customers.

"Mr. Oh?" By the sound of his voice, it was him, one of my mom's friends and customer.

"Ne, it's me, Mr. Oh. Where have you been?" he asked, his voice sounded so cheery.

"Oh, nowhere really. Just playing around outside," I said pulling a big smile on my face.

"You look so smiley today," his grandpa-like voice filled my heart.

"Isn't that how I usually am?" I asked, not sure if I was more smiley than usual or something.

He gave out a short laugh at my reason to him. "Geudae, you're that smiley Jungkook. Why did I even ask?"

We both laughed.

My mom's voice broke in, "Jungkook-ah, do you want something to eat?"

I shook my head. "No, I'm good."

I bowed to Mr. Oh excusing myself, "I'll be heading to my room. Have a good night, Mr. Oh. Hopefully, you enjoyed the bread here."

"I'll never get sick of your mother's bread," he said laughing while patting my back. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow," I bowed again.

I started tapping my white cane on the floor to find where I'm going, walking to where I needed to. I felt two hands wrapped around my arm, supporting me. "I'll take you to your room." It was my mom.

She took me to my room and sat me down on my bed. "Thank you, Eomma," I said to her with a big smile on my face again.

"That's what I'm here for," she sounded exhausted.

I smiled at what she said.

"By the way, Mr. Oh's right. . . you do look very smiley today," she added.

I thought to myself for a moment. Am I smiling more than usual?

"Tell me. Why are you such in a good mood?" she inquired while getting my bed ready for me. She took my sunglasses off and put my white cane away. She tucked me in with blankets to sleep and sat there beside, still waiting for my answer. "Tell me."

I hesitated for a moment, searching for an answer. What's making me feel so happy? I don't know either. "It's nothing, mom. I just feel good."

"There's always a reason to everything."

"Yeah, but I have no reason," I kinda sorta lied. There was a reason, but I couldn't search for it in my mind at the moment.

"Well, ok then. Goodnight, Jungkook-ah," she said stroking my hair.

"Goodnight."

She got up, left the room and turned the light switch off. She closed the door shut and the room became quiet.

I was thinking to myself for a moment. Again, the only thing I could see, was the color black. It actually made thinking easy for me.

The only thing I could think of at the moment was. . . Aeri. I don't know why, but- actually, there is a reason why.

She was nice to me. She's a kind and caring person. And she treated me well. No other human being treated me as well as her.

It's just. . . she makes me feel happy. It's a weird feeling like. . . butterflies in my stomach. My mind clicked as I finally found my answer. I'm so smiley. . . because of her.