Chapter 29: Lie

Jungkook's POV

I was on the verge of crying. She wouldn't say a word to me. Why? Does she not love me anymore?

"Please talk to me, I know you're here," I pleaded in a brittle tone. "I want to let you know, that I miss you. I miss you very much, Aeri-ah..."

There was still no answer.

I felt warm tears running down my cheeks. "Please... don't leave me..."

Still no answer.

She left me.

She doesn't want me anymore.

I lowered my head and continued crying.

So, what Taehyung told me was true...

* * * Flashback * * *

5 Months Back

(Third Person)

Jungkook was laying on the hospital bed, pressing his hands against his stomach where the gangster had stabbed him. It was hurting him badly, and so he was breathing hard as a result of the stinging pain. He groaned in return.

The one person he wanted to be with right now was Aeri. Where are you, Aeri-ah?

He wasn't in a good mood as doctors told him earlier that his mother died. They wouldn't tell him where Aeri was. And now, his stab wound was hurting him, causing him pain throughout the whole body.

The door to his room slowly creaked open, the person entering the room was Taehyung. While Jungkook still laid there on the bed in pain, Taehyung closed the door shut behind him and slowly made his way over to the bedside, staring at Jungkook who was groaning in pain.

"Are you okay?" he started saying to Jungkook as he was still groaning.

As soon as Jungkook heard a voice in the room, he stayed quiet from groaning, raised his head up and said, "W-who are you?"

"Taehyung, Kim Taehyung," he answered at once, staring at him keenly.

"Oh," Jungkook replied, and stated, "I know you."

"You should know me..." he sternly replied.

"Aeri..." Jungkook tried sitting up, mostly struggling while holding onto his wound, and said, "Where is she? Is she okay?"

Taehyung stayed still in silence, looking at him with hatred in his eyes. He then responded in a stiff tone, "Don't bother her anymore."

Jungkook sat there in confusion. "Why-"

"Just back off from her..." Taehyung went straight to the point without hesitation. "She doesn't want you anymore," he lied.

Jungkook froze from what he said, and shook his head denying it, "No, she didn't say that... I want to see her. Where is she-"

"What I'm saying is true," Taehyung rudely cut him short. "She said it herself, she doesn't want you anymore."

"I don't even know you well, so I don't believe you-"

"Aeri and I, will be getting married," Taehyung interrupted with no hesitation.

Jungkook froze, his eyes fluttered in disbelief. He shook his head and said, "I still don't believe you."