Chapter 9: Bottle of Soju

Somin's POV

Jin and I sat down at the table in awkward silence. We were across from each other with me not looking at him but with him looking at me. I swear this was the most uncomfortable I'd been in my whole life. After confessing to me that he liked me since we were kids, I didn't dare look at him as I was flustered.

I picked up my cup of hot chocolate on the table in front of me and drank it facing the window, pretending like he wasn't there with his eyes glued on me.

"Yah, look at me. . ." he said as I took a sip from my cup.

I didn't want to look at him but what choice did I have. I turned my head facing his direction. "What?"

"Don't be scared of me," he chuckled after.

My eyes fluttered in confusion. "S-scared? Why would I be scared of you?"

"You look like you are."

"Somin is scared of nothing, especially you," I said coolly, taking another sip of my hot chocolate.

We stayed silent for a while as I turned my head facing the window again. In my mind, there were thousands of questions that I wanted to ask but didn't dare ask. Asking him would mean looking at him in the eyes. Looking at him in the eyes was probably the hardest thing I could do, especially when he'd already confessed.

"You can ask me anything. I know you have questions."

My eyes slightly widened at what he said. I turned my head to him again, I had to look at him. "I do have questions. Is it that obvious?"

He nodded, his lips creased into a little smirk.

I deeply sighed, and asked the one question I was most curious about. "You. . . what's your reason for liking me?"

He suddenly laughed, leaving me hanging with even more questions. "That's the question you need the answer to most?"

"JUST ANSWER THE FREAKIN' QUESTION!!" I hollered loudly, people around us probably questioned but I didn't care. My insides burst into particles of impatience with this guy already.

"Ok ok. . . I'll answer the question," he said raising his hands in surrender. He put his hands back down and coughed clearing his throat. He slowly explained using his fingers to name the reasons, "I like you because. . . you're cute, you're pretty, you're aggressive, you're perfect, you're friends with my sister, you're-"

"Never mind never mind never mind!!! I don't want to hear it anymore!!!" I said covering my ears.

"Was that enough reasoning?" he asked like a total bad boy.

I drew in a very very deep sigh like I was going through depression. "Yes, you gave me enough reasons."

"So. . . what now?" he inquired like he wanted me to do something right now.

"There's nothing that you dislike about me?" I inquired.

He shook his head looking at me with confusion.

"Are you sure about that?"

He nodded again, his face still showed confusion.

"But. . . I hit you on the head a lot, don't I? And- and I yell at you like a dog."

"So what?" he still inquired like there was actually nothing he disliked about me.

"You like everything about me??"

He tilted his head looking at me with a smirk on his face. "Ne, I do. I like everything about you."

And with that said from his own words, my heart began beating faster than usual. I stared at him, not knowing what else to say. Does he like me that much? To the point that there is nothing that he hates about me?