Chapter 33: Broken Hearts

Taehyung's POV

I pushed Jin up against the wall and held him by the collar. I queried with furry in my tone, "What did you do to Aeri?"

"YAH! Who are you to do this to me? She's my sister, ok? Not my enemy," he started lecturing me.

"Oh yeah," I said, and immediately let go of him. As he brushed his collar, I said to him, "Where is she then?"

He looked up at me, and replied, "She's in a better place now."

"You killed her!?"

"No!" He slapped my head with a knuckle.

"Yah!" I hollered, rubbing my head from the pain of his hard knuckles. "That hurt, man!"

"She's with Jungkook," he answered, drew in a deep breath, and continued, "You don't need to know where they are..."

"Come on, just tell me. Aren't we friends?"

"WERE!" he replied. "We were friends, ok? You..." he nudged me with a finger and continued, "... were not my friend anymore ever since that day..." He pulled his finger away from me and put his hands in his pocket, "So, I don't need to tell you where she is..." He then turned his head away from me mockingly and tried walking away.

But I jumped in front of him before he could go anywhere and broke it to him, "But she's my wife..." I raised my eyebrows at him as in saying 'duh.' "As Aeri's husband, I have the right to know where she is and what she's doing. So answer me honestly..." I slowly walked up to him, keenly looking at him in the eyes, and asked him once again, "... Where is she?"

Right at the moment, my phone started ringing, vibrating in my pant pocket. While looking at Jin, I took my phone out from my pocket and soon averted my eyes to see who the caller was.

119...

The police?

I looked up from my phone to Jin and said, "Wait here..."

I turned around walking a couple steps away from Jin and answered the phone, holding my phone up to my ear, "Hello?"

"Hello, Mr. Kim Taehyung," said a man with a deep voice, his words weren't clear as we were talking through the phone, "Your wife, Mrs. Kim Aeri, was hit by a car just now..."

My eyes widened as his words began to trail in my ears. "WHAT!?" my voice trailed off with panic.

He repeated, "Your wife, Mrs. Kim Aeri, was hit by a car just now," and he added, "We've already caught the suspect who made this happen."

"I'm on my way!" I ended the call there and hurriedly made my way out of the house.

"Wait! What happened?" Jin called.

"Aeri was hit by a car! Hurry up if you want to come!" I shouted, making my way to my car.

* * * * *

Jin and I arrived at the hospital that Aeri was admitted in over an hour later. Apparently, it was a hospital out of Seoul that's why it took us over an hour later to get here.

We found out from the front desk that Aeri was in the operating room. Jin and I ran, making our way to the seventh floor of this building through the elevators. When we arrived on the seventh floor, we ran for the operating rooms that were located at the end of the hallway.

When we made it there, we found a woman behind a desk and asked her how Aeri was doing.

"I don't have the information to that, please wait at the chairs over there for the surgeons to come out from the operating room," she said, pointing at the chairs next by the operating room.