Chapter 31: Promise

Aeri's POV

What I wanted to do with Jungkook was to get Jungkook his eye surgery. I still had the money with me that I worked hard for from that time when I was working at my father's hotel. Adding a little more of my pocket money to the amount made it enough, luckily. Therefore, Jin was driving me and Jungkook to a hospital out of Seoul just as I asked him to. I needed to be as far away as I could from Taehyung, and the chances of him finding me would not be as high if I was out of Seoul.

The rain outside was pouring very hard as we arrived at the parking lot of the hospital.

Jin found a parking spot at the front and parked there. Then, as he parked the car, he turned his body facing me as I was sitting in the back of the car with Jungkook.

I gave him a smile, and said, "Thank you, Oppa."

"Yeah, no problem," he said, returning with a smile on his face.

I wanted to cry as our eyes met.

This... might be the last time seeing him.

And this might be the last time talking to him.

This was more of a sad farewell.

Tears started running down my cheeks and I immediately got up from my seat to give him an uncomfortable hug as I was in the back seat and he was in the driver's seat.

"Why are you crying?" he inquired, hugging me back.

Because I won't see you ever again after this. My time will be coming soon...

"It's just, I love you, big bro..." I said in a stuffy tone. "Thank you for helping me. Thank you very much... for being my big brother." I sniffed and cried plenty.

"Aww, I love having a crybaby sister like you, too," he said, stroking my hair on the back of my head.

I pulled away from the hug and said to him once again, "Thank you..."

He pulled a warm smile on his face, and nodded.

Then, I got a hold of Jungkook's arm, and said to him, "Let's go..." I strapped my bag around me, opened the door beside me and got out of the car, and helped Jungkook out.

"Jungkook-sshi," Jin said before I helped Jungkook out of the car.

"Ne?" he said, slightly facing his head to where Jin was.

"Make sure to love my sister lots," he said, giving both him and me a smile.

Jungkook pulled a smile on his face, and said, "Ne, don't worry about that."

Then, I took one last glance at Jin, giving him a tight smile as it was the last smile I could give him as a sister. And then, I helped Jungkook out of the car while holding onto his white cane, and closed the door.

Jungkook and I quickly ran to shelter ourselves from the pouring rain. We paced our way under a little rooftop of the hospital and stood there for a moment. I turned my head to get my last glance of Jin who was sitting in the car. He started pulling out from the parking, and left the parking lot soon after.

That was my last glimpse of my brother...

* * * * *

The doctors admitted Jungkook in a hospital room and told me that the surgery will be taking place tomorrow.

Now, it was just me and Jungkook alone in the room. I was sitting on a chair beside the bedside, talking to him, holding his hands.

"I thought you didn't want me anymore," he said all of a sudden.