Chapter 15: I Love You

Yoonji's POV

I stopped my car to the side of the street and screamed in frustration as my plan didn't work out the way I wanted it to. Someone saved her. Who saved her?

I looked at the side mirrors of my car to see what happened to Aeri. All I could see was a man, his back turned to me. His figure and posture were familiar and as I inspected him carefully, I realized it was Taehyung. Taehyung saved her. . .

I carefully looked at what was happening once more, and soon found Aeri with her head buried in his chest. He was holding her head and hugged her like he wanted to protect her. What is this?

I punched the stirring wheel with my clenched fist and started crying.

"So that's why you broke up with me!" I cried out loud talking to myself. I wiped the tears that fell down my cheeks with the back of my hands and sniffed. I looked at my side mirror again. "This isn't over yet. I'll get you next time, Aeri."

* * * * *

Jungkook's POV

"Is Aeri here yet?" I asked Mr. Oh as we both sat at a table in our shop. I was waiting for Aeri to get here, but according to the time in my mind, she wasn't here at the usual time.

"She should be here by now, she probably had to take care of something. Just wait a little longer," he said, so I nodded. Seconds later, I started tapping my fingers on the table repeatedly.

The sound of my fingers tapping the table probably got very annoying as Mr. Oh asked me, "Jungkook-ah, uh. . . what's the matter?"

I stopped tapping my fingers and moved my hands down to my lap and clasped them together. My hands were cold. "Uh. . . nothing. Why?"

"It's just, you're never this impatient when you wait for her. Is there something you want to talk about with her?" he inquired.

I slowly shook my head, and lied, "No, I don't plan to talk with her about anything."

* * * * *

Mr. Oh's POV

I stared at Jungkook for a while as he denied my question. I'm sure there was something he wanted to talk about with Aeri, he just didn't want to tell me. In fact, I already figured it out myself, because I'm a genius.

I held my hands together on the table and said to Jungkook without hesitating, "You want to ask her out, huh?"

He slowly blinked, and shook his head still denying the truth. "That's not it, Uncle-"

"It's okay, you can tell me. I know what I said is true, so no need to deny it." I smiled as he stayed quiet.

"What you said is partially true," he said in a low tone.

I lowered my eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

It took him a moment to answer. "Well, I'm going to confess to her, not ask her out."

"Huh?" I was confused. What's the difference between the two? "Why would you do that?"

From here, I could see he was tightly holding his hands together. He answered, "Well. . . who in the world would want to be with a blind person?"

That question wasn't even hard. Easy. I prepared my answer for him, "A person with a good heart."

He stayed quiet when I said that. He was probably thinking to himself that I must be right. Yeah, I know. I'm always right. I asked him, "What is it that you like about her?"