Chapter 21: Argument

Taehyung's POV

Aeri and I, both our eyes widened in dismay. I. . . I wasn't informed about this.

"What!?" Aeri abruptly got up from her seat, looking at her father. I stared at her as she locked eyes with him.

"Aeri! Don't embarrass me!" her father said in embarrassment, exchanging glances with my dad and Nayeon's dad. "I apologize on behalf of my daughter's behavior-"

"Cancel it!" Aeri exclaimed cutting her dad short. "Cancel our engagement right now! I DON'T want this, Appa-"

"Well it's GOING to happen!" her father's deep voice vibrated in the living room air, bouncing on the walls of the house.

Everyone was silent, looking at each other in awkwardness, not knowing what to say or what to do. The one thing I could hear was Aeri's shaky breath, the sound that she makes when she's about to cry.

I. . . was internally crying. Because she doesn't want me.

"Appa," Aeri said, her voice was brittle. "If I told you that there's another person that I love, very much. . . will you stop this whole engagement then?"

I glared at her, my eyes darkened. I tightly clenched my fists, the anger inside of me was building up to its max.

Mr. Kim looked up at his daughter, and said in a monotone voice, "Is there such a person?"

Aeri glued her eyes on him, quickly nodded and said, "Yes, there is such a person." She sounded hopeful, hopeful that her dad will call the engagement off.

Mr. Kim looked away, taking a deep breath. Not facing her, he said in a croaky voice, "Well then, tell him that you belong to someone else now."

"APPA!!" Aeri yelled angrily.

"AERI-AH!!" her father yelled angrily in return. He pointed a finger at her and said threateningly, "You do as I say. . . or else I'll disown you. . ."

Tears could be seen pooling in her eyes.

"Mr. Kim," my father said clearing his throat. "It's fine with me if this engagement won't be happening-"

"No!" Mr. Kim exclaimed cutting my dad off. "This engagement will be happening no matter what. . ."

My father stayed quiet and so did everyone else. . . except for Aeri, "Appa, I don't understand you." I would shut her up if I could. She continued speaking her mind out, "Have you ever loved me in your life!? Can't you ever respect my own decisions!?"

Mr. Kim got up from his seat, making his way towards Aeri. He stood right in front of her and barked harshly, "Kim Aeri, I'M YOUR FATHER and you will do whatever I say-"

"NO!" she hollered, looking at her father in the eyes with distraught. Then, she turned her head facing me, and slowly said, "Never in my life, will I ever love him. . ." From there, she locked eyes with me, and all I could see was the color of rage in her eyes.

"Even if you don't love him, you're still betrothed to him!"

"No, Appa! I don't care what you say! I'm not going to marry him!! You literally don't care about anybody but yourself!!"

And with that, Mr. Kim slapped Aeri in the face hard, bringing her head to face her right. And she held her cheek from the slap.

Jin and I promptly stood up from our seats reacting fast to what Mr. Kim just did to her.

"Appa, you've gone too far!" Jin exclaimed.

"You didn't have to slap her!" I yelled.

I was about to go up and help her but I stopped as she suddenly raised her head again, looking at her father. She quickly wiped the tears on her face and said to him with a voice like that of venom, "I HATE YOU!" She held her gaze on him for only seconds, then made her way sprinting up the stairs.