Chapter 14: I Like Someone Else

Taehyung's POV

I broke up with Yoonji during lunch today. I knew it was going to happen sooner or later. I longed for this day to come a long time ago, so now I can take care of another individual. I planned to take care of that individual after school today.

I was still in math class, the last class of the day, which is a shame. I hate math. Who likes math?

As our teacher, Mrs. Hwang, was teaching the class some dumb formula problem, I doodled on a piece of paper. I didn't care about this class, I mean like- I have a B in all other classes, which is a good thing, so an F in this class is fine with me.

"Taehyung-sshi!"

I stopped doodling on my paper and looked up. Shit! It was Mrs. Hwang who called for me.

The whole class had their eyes on me, a lot of them gave me their blank faces.

"Have you solved for x yet?" she asked, her voice was annoying me. I think her voice annoys everybody.

I looked at her and gulped, and lied, "Ne, I finished solving for x."

"Good, what does x equal then?" she asked, looking at me with her arms crossed.

I hate her so much.

Should I make up an answer and take the punishment? I thought.

I was about to blurt out a random number in my head but-

It was Aeri, the corner of my eyes caught her doing something, and so I focused on what she was doing. Sitting diagonally across from me to the right, she had her head turned facing me, and with her mouth, she was forming a word. I lowered my eyebrows as I didn't know what she was saying until she finally whispered it out, "Twenty-three."

Twenty-three, is what I heard.

I slightly nodded and averted my eyes back to Mrs. Hwang. "Twenty-three," I said out loud. "X equals twenty-three."

Mrs. Hwang raised her brows and uncrossed her arms. She nodded, thrilled with my answer and said happily, "Impressive. You're smart at math for the very first time."

The class started laughing while I didn't give a damn.

Ding ding ding.

The day was finally over. Everybody got up from their seats and grabbed their bags. While I was getting my bag, I fixed my eyes on Aeri as she was the first to exit through the doors. I had no choice but to follow her.

* * * * *

I'd been following her for minutes now while I had a lollipop in my mouth. I found it strange that she wasn't heading home. She was going down a strangely familiar road, but to where?

The funny thing was that she never suspected anybody following her yet. Probably because she was wearing her earphones listening to music. 

Anyway, I found it satisfying to watch over her.

I took the lollipop out of my mouth and fixed my eyes entirely on her. From head to toe, even from the back, she was beautiful and perfect. I felt a stab of regret in me. Why did I turn her down in the first place? It was the biggest mistake that I'd ever made, because now, I would do anything to make her my woman.

Suddenly, an ambulatory object caught my attention from the street. It was a car, coming down driving at an incredible speed. I felt like I saw that car before, but I just shrugged and didn't care about it.

As I turned back to look at Aeri. . . okay, that dummy has gotta be kidding me! She's going to cross the street without checking for cars!?

That car didn't look like it bothered stepping on the brake for Aeri as it drove faster and faster towards her.